Reload this Page >

King Edward Memorial Hospital Perth

King Edward Memorial Hospital Perth

Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:36 am
Just Joined

kellyp79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default King Edward Memorial Hospital Perth

Hiya

I'm brand new to the forum and have been offered a job at King Edwards in the maternity unit. Does anyone work here or been a patient??

What's the staff like?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: King Edward Memorial Hospital Perth

Originally Posted by kellyp79
Hiya

I'm brand new to the forum and have been offered a job at King Edwards in the maternity unit. Does anyone work here or been a patient??

What's the staff like?
I used to work in the gynae oncology unit as the clinic secretary/typist. I loved the hospital (although there is no parking so you will have to use public transit) and found the staff great.

I've also fixed up your thread title to include the word Perth.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Is there no parking close by? I'm going to be travelling from Tapping and will be doing various shift patterns which means there may not always be public transport available. (Early morning starts etc)
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Hi Kelly

I worked in KEMH for just over 5 years as a midwife/nurse in the High Dependency Unit. I loved my work there and generally the staff were great.

Like Dorothy said there is a distinct lack of parking. When I first moved to Perth (January '03) we lived in Wembley and I cycled into work, parking not a problem then. I did, however, apply for a parking permit and by the September '04 I was offered a permit. I didn't need it then as I was living in Innaloo and I had a little scooter. I didn't want to pass up the opportunity of a permit though and we bought a second car, as I had also had a few soakings on the way into work. Just after I left they we re-looking at the parking permit situation and apparently the shift workers were going to get priority. The admin and managers, working 9-5, would possibly lose parking, but I am not sure what happened. You were OK if you worked nights, as the car park was fairly empty and you didn't have to pay for a parking permit.

Whereabouts in KEMH are you going to work?

You will have a ball, I am sure.

Kathryn
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyp79
Hi

Thanks for replying.

Is there no parking close by? I'm going to be travelling from Tapping and will be doing various shift patterns which means there may not always be public transport available. (Early morning starts etc)
Staff parking has been cut drastically, so unless you are extremely lucky and get a permit you will have to park on the street at least a good few blocks away. There is a city owned pay parking lot on Bagot Rd about 3 or 4 blocks from the main entrance, so you should be able to get a spot there and walk it.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

I'm a registered midwife but don't know where I'll be working yet. As far as I'm aware it's a rotational post covering all aspects of maternity care.

I feel a bit apprehensive as I suppose most people do, no matter what job they have. I work in same hospital just now that I trained in so moving somewhere different is a big step.

I am looking forward to moving and hopefully settling in.