Kindergarten

Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:19 am
Just Joined

homebody is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Kindergarten

Hi
Looking to get some decent info on school system - particularly Victoria.
My daughter turns 4 in July this year - we will be moving DU very shortly thereafter. From what I can tell she would be going to kindergarten in Jan next year as she will be too young for preschool (although she would be going into preschool here in sept if we were to stay in UK).
What are the general hours for kindergarten, and what are the costs involved. She currently goes to nursery offered at our local primary, and the cost of this is completely covered by the standard UK government funding for 3 year olds.
Also, have a baby who will be almost one when we get to Oz -is daycare prohibitively expensive as it is here - looking at £60/ day here in our local area!!
thanks
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Kindergarten

I'm currently paying the full price for daycare at $70/day - and that's a fairly pricey one so hopefully it'll be less for you.

Someone will probably answer for sure on Victoria, but in NSW you can only start kindergarten if they will be 5 before July (poss.1st) so she may not be allowed to go to Kindergarten until the following year. Pre-school will be available some community ones are a bit cheaper than daycare but aren't elligible for child care benefit or rebate.

Although I pay $70, some people getting child care benefit and 50% rebate only pay $25 for a whole day care including morning and afternoon tea and a cooked lunch!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

She wont be able to attend full time school until 2012 because the cut off date for Vic is end of April. You may find preschool options for 2011 but you may have to pay. If you can find a gov preschool you usually get about 15 hrs a week but otherwise it will be childcare which costs around the 65 - 70 mark per day but if you are permanent there may be rebates
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
I'm currently paying the full price for daycare at $70/day - and that's a fairly pricey one so hopefully it'll be less for you.

Someone will probably answer for sure on Victoria, but in NSW you can only start kindergarten if they will be 5 before July (poss.1st) so she may not be allowed to go to Kindergarten until the following year. Pre-school will be available some community ones are a bit cheaper than daycare but aren't elligible for child care benefit or rebate.

Although I pay $70, some people getting child care benefit and 50% rebate only pay $25 for a whole day care including morning and afternoon tea and a cooked lunch!
you don't get the 50% tax rebate then? temp visa?