Kindergarten

Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of
Question Kindergarten

We are hoping to be in Perth roughly September (if DH's potential employers stop messing us about, but thats another thread!).
I believe our daughter will be due to start Kindergarten Jan/Feb 2007, when the new school year begins. If we do manage to get there for Sept will this be enough time to get her name down
I have read the sooner the better with kindergarten, even one website suggests names should be put down at birth
We can't organise anything before we get there because we're not sure where we'll settle yet.
Possibilities are SOR - Rockingham & surrounding suburbs. Does anyone know of any good kindies there?

Leigh
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindergarten

My eldest son will be 4.5yrs when we get to Perth - does he start kindie straight away?
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Luma
My eldest son will be 4.5yrs when we get to Perth - does he start kindie straight away?
Hi Luma

When are you going & what month is your sons birthday?

Leigh
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

try Aussiemove.com clik on perth the go into education and schools it gives you a table of ages of when they can start school, there is also a link to another site for the education on this page if you put your childs dob in it will tell you when they start kindi and there one.

i looked at this site as my little girl was 4 in feb so she will be due to start kindi just know and she would be going to start pre school in 07, we are hoping to get out beginning of the 2007 if not sooner.

hope this helps you, its also a good site for find info on surburbs.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping to go in June (house sale dependent) - we're going on 457 so visa also has to come through - still in process for applying for it.

He'll be 5 in December.

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Hi Luma

When are you going & what month is your sons birthday?

Leigh
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks will take a look.

Originally Posted by davykaz
try Aussiemove.com clik on perth the go into education and schools it gives you a table of ages of when they can start school, there is also a link to another site for the education on this page if you put your childs dob in it will tell you when they start kindi and there one.

i looked at this site as my little girl was 4 in feb so she will be due to start kindi just know and she would be going to start pre school in 07, we are hoping to get out beginning of the 2007 if not sooner.

hope this helps you, its also a good site for find info on surburbs.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luma
Hoping to go in June (house sale dependent) - we're going on 457 so visa also has to come through - still in process for applying for it.

He'll be 5 in December.
He'll start in Kindie when you arrive (if you can get a place which is what my original question was) & will start pre- primary Jan 2007

Take a look at this
http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ece/WA.htm

Leigh
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

I believe the wait list is for private not state schools. If your going private then, it depends on the school. I called St. Stephens (NOR) and they said they could get my kids in the high school grades, but not primary my kids are 10, 7 and 5 years, so it just goes to show you the wait list!!!! The state route shouldn't be a problem at all.

Nicanjoe