Reload this Page >

Kids gone feral?

Wikiposts

Kids gone feral?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

sashanormanbabes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kids gone feral?

hi. im 15 years old we mvoed here 2 years ago.
with respect to what you all have said, in my experience my social life was soo much better in england. amadeus, london, highstreets with unpredictable people, all made the first move to asking us to go out with them and hang out. yes, like many of you have said it was dangerous, but that was what made it fun.

in my opinion the people my age here are not very sociable and dont tend to go out a lot at all. there are not many places to go. with my friends we go shopping and go to the beach, thats it.
at the moment im trying to convince my mum to move up north because there are a lot of english (or british, whatever) people so id think id have more of a social life like i did when we lived in england.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sashanormanbabes
with respect to what you all have said, in my experience my social life was soo much better in england. amadeus, london, highstreets with unpredictable people, all made the first move to asking us to go out with them and hang out. yes, like many of you have said it was dangerous, but that was what made it fun.

in my opinion the people my age here are not very sociable and dont tend to go out a lot at all. there are not many places to go. with my friends we go shopping and go to the beach, thats it.
at the moment im trying to convince my mum to move up north because there are a lot of english (or british, whatever) people so id think id have more of a social life like i did when we lived in england.
Perhaps they cannot understand you....................
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Surely kids/teens are allowed to relax in different ways just as adults are. Here I am, on the computer, others may be out at the gym or down the pub with mates! Does my choice make me feral or does that only apply to teenagers?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:54 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I pods and MSN are the new "phone" for teens. My mum had to prise the phone from my ear as a teen, if I wasn't talking I was in my room with my music on. Loud.

I don't really see whats different.

My teen is typical in that she has days of slobbing around aka kevin and perry stlye. Then she has moments of madness where the phone never stops, shes in and out of the house like a blue arsed fly and we don't seem to see her. Then theres day where we feel like we are running a B and B (or rather a B and L and they don't rise before 12.30 pm!)

Every teen is different, the same as every adult I suppose?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I read this thread hoping to hear some horrendous tales of terrible teens that would serve to reassure me that my own teenager is not so bad after all! Instead, what do I get? The usual arguments about the weather in Aus v UK & some prattish remarks about spelling!
My first post wasnt very clear, the first part had nothing really to do with the second part and I prattled too much but I was asking if anyone had had problems with their older kids when they got here. I dont mean little Johnny wont eat his greens but older kids completely rebelling and going feral?

Not something you seem to hear much of but then I cant imagine many young people would be caught dead on this website so you dont often get their viewpoints.

I am interested in any responses........even the oh-so-witty ones
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:40 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sashanormanbabes

you miss amadeus????????!!!!!!! I could understand someone missing Rochester, but Strood?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:08 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Yes, why do you ask.

It must mean something different to you Northerners.

You've obviously not spent too much time in Perth at the height of summer. You certainly wouldn't be putting jeans on to go out to play!!

Most people are stay indoors behind closed curtains with the air con on to avoid getting their skin burnt off.

I do tell my children to go out, but I won't force them if it is over 35 degrees which it can be for weeks on end here in Perth. Before daylight saving finished it was still up in the mid 30's at 4 and 5 oclock. Not the best conditions for kids to be running around in IMO.
My kids would sit in front of the computer/TV or playing on their NTDS all day if my wife and I let them. We do take them out quite a bit and we manage to persuade them to go out and play tennis, football ride on their bikes with a nice group of friends that they have built up but I'm careful not to force them outdoors because there are a lot of feral kids about in our area and I would rather they stayed at home than be outdoors just for the sake of it. Thankfully, (at least so far) they (and we) are good mates and we have lots of conversations and laughs together. They have also become quite good guitarists and both enjoy a good read. My younger son (aged 11) will often spend hours at play totally absorbed with his toys. So far they respect what my wife and I require of them without a fuss - but it's early days yet (the eldest is 14).

When I look back at my own childhood, I spent a lot of time outdoors, down the woods, across the fields or helping out at one of the local farms. It was a carefree and idyllic kind of childhood. I wish if my boys could have the same but in the UK (at least) things are different these days. I'm hopeful that Australia will help them to have something between what I had before and what they have now.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
When I look back at my own childhood, I spent a lot of time outdoors, down the woods, across the fields or helping out at one of the local farms. It was a carefree and idyllic kind of childhood. I wish if my boys could have the same but in the UK (at least) things are different these days.
Every generation says the same thing.

All that has changed is your perception.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's and things were not very little different then.

...and Australia is not much different to the UK in that respect
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
When I was that age I was playing on scaffolding 4 floors up, vandalising bubblegum machines

Cheers

You're the one that sounds feral here.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:23 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
You're the one that sounds feral here.
lol - was thinking the same thing. And also thinking that it sounded fairly similar to my childhood.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:27 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Every generation says the same thing.

All that has changed is your perception.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's and things were not very little different then.

...and Australia is not much different to the UK in that respect
I agree that perceptions relative to a generation ago have changed, my own included . But there are also real changes too such as people being more mobile than they used to be. Years ago villiage idiots, feral kids, and other undesirables remained mostly in their home area but now their range seems to be much wider. Also, traffic is a lot busier, and kids are exposed to so many more temptations. But then I suppose the above is also true of Australia.
Old May 1st 2009, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Then theres day where we feel like we are running a B and B (or rather a B and L and they don't rise before 12.30 pm!)
Room to feed one more?
Old May 1st 2009, 10:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Room to feed one more?
Absolutely irrevocably NO! Never!
Old May 1st 2009, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Absolutely irrevocably NO! Never!
OK- I'll ring around and see if I can get a booking elsewhere.
Old May 2nd 2009, 1:46 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
OK- I'll ring around and see if I can get a booking elsewhere.
O> I thought you ment for more kids

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.