Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids clothes in Brisbane

Kids clothes in Brisbane

Old May 25th 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

gillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant future
Unhappy Kids clothes in Brisbane

calling all you moms in the brisbane/GC area. When we visited OZ last year i was very disappointed in the choice of kids clothes. Yes the surf stuff is fab, but they dont seem to have stores like Next or Debenhams!!
Is the choice limited, or am i looking in the wrong place. Kids are 10 and 12, are very fashion orientated. They all seem to be older teenagers.

Please help put my mind at rest.

Thanks
Gill
Old May 25th 2007, 2:57 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids clothes in Brisbane

Originally Posted by gillnbri
calling all you moms in the brisbane/GC area. When we visited OZ last year i was very disappointed in the choice of kids clothes. Yes the surf stuff is fab, but they dont seem to have stores like Next or Debenhams!!
Is the choice limited, or am i looking in the wrong place. Kids are 10 and 12, are very fashion orientated. They all seem to be older teenagers.

Thanks
Gill
Nope I don't think you're disolousioned....Not as much choice as the UK but different climate and different needs.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 25th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

When we first arrived I was pregnant and I can remember being in tears one day because I didn't think they had 'nice' baby clothes like they had in the UK....LOL! Actually, you don't have as much choice here - in my opinion, however, you will quickly get used to the fact and begin to get excited about doing lots of shopping in Kmart, Target and BigW!!!!! Kid's won't even notice it after a while. Plus, they always have discounts on. There are far more important things to worry about. Good luck!
Old May 25th 2007, 9:09 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I really dont understand the moans about clothes here. Kids or adults.

If you want cheap clothes then you should shop in Target, Kmart etc. Quality is the run of the mill Chinese import. Of course it is. But what do you expect when you pay $10 for a top.

If you want higher quality or global brands then shop in David Jones or Myer for example. Every now and again I go into the CBD and theres heaps of shops that certainly aren't crap.

Comparing Kmart, Target or BigW (all discount stores) to major UK high street department stores or Next for example is not exactly comparing apples to apples.

As to kids fashion, here in Queensland its very much a case of welcome to City Beach! (surf shop). The major difference being that we have the surf which always amused me in the UK (places like Bluewater) with heaps of surfing shops...lol
Old May 25th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

paleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nicepaleface is just really nice

i think theres a shop called pumpkin patch (probably for babies and up to about 8 or 10yrs) then same shop goes into i think its called urban angel or something for like 10yrs plus. pumpkin patch have a website - good quality - maybe closest thing to 'next' i can think of. good luck
Old May 25th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all
Smile Re: Kids clothes in Brisbane

For better quality clothing Pumpkin Patch is good and caters for your childrens age group with their Urban Angel lines for the older kids. Myer stock good quality kids clothing for that age group. My kids are 11 and 13. My ds is the 11yo and loves the skateboarding gear from the surf shops and also the surf gear. Daughter is a real sporto and loves Rebel sport so I dont have a need to source out the alternative gear. Supre also stock really small sizes in clothes for girls and so do all those type of shops that attract the young teens market - Diva,Valley Girl, etc.

Dont forget you can still order, via internet, clothes from your favourite stores anywhere in the world!
Old May 25th 2007, 11:02 pm
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I agree with you and the above.

i have found myer good - they have some labels. Pumpkin patch does nice clothes too.

Alternatively ask your relies to buy summer clothes now in next and send them over for christmas presents

Thanks
Gill
Old May 26th 2007, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

hi gill
have been on the gold coast now for 17mths with 2 girls 12 and 14, target,pumpkin patch,myers,city beach and dare i say supre(i hate it but the girls love it).they will also love diva. dont worry you will soon get over next!

Thanks
Gill
Old May 26th 2007, 10:19 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Gill
I struggled with the lack of variety in clothing when we first arrived too I must admit (still do if I'm honest!).

BigW just doesnt do it for me I'm afraid!