Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kellys Falls Stanwell Tops

Kellys Falls Stanwell Tops

Old Sep 19th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of
Default Kellys Falls Stanwell Tops

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where there are pools to swim in at Kellys Falls and how to get in to them?

I found my way to the top of the falls, followed the path across two creeks around the West side or the precipiece, stopped when it petered out and retraced my steps. Then followed it from the car park along the East side and through some very overgrown bush buzzing with bees and laced with spiders webs and popped out at the road running past Stanwell Tops. No pools. Should I go further up the creek or are the pools at the bottom? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2011, 11:52 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kellys Falls Stanwell Tops

I don't know about swimming at Kellys Falls, but there is a beautiful pool at Curracurrang. It is only accessible by foot, we have walked there from the top car park at Wattamolla, you follow the footpath round the coast and then down to Curracurrang bay. If you follow the creek inland for a short way, there is an absolutely beautiful pool and waterfall. The photo below doesn't do it justice to be honest, it is beautifully clear with a sandy bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Kellys Falls Stanwell Tops-65945_10150105466049115_557299114_7402900_1684119_n.jpg   Kellys Falls Stanwell Tops-68749_10150105466239115_557299114_7402906_1242538_n.jpg   Kellys Falls Stanwell Tops-73772_10150105466424115_557299114_7402912_8082145_n.jpg