Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Justice of the Peace payment???

Justice of the Peace payment???

Old May 2nd 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Justice of the Peace payment???

I need osme stuff to be certified to send off to Edu NSW...does anyone know if I need to pay the JP? No idea how it works....I do know I live in an area with about ten.....is that normal? DO they work from home? Very handy if so!!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

benny02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Justice of the Peace payment???

Hi where do you live? Because at warringah mall (northern beaches) on a saturday they have one in the library upstairs who does it for free, had some done there and its free. Check the warringah mall website for times (i think its 10-12).
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

JPs are not allowed to charge. You should find one in a shopping mall, either in an office space or in a box type bit in the middle of the shops. Probably do one day a week but then a different day in a different mall. Most schools have at least one teacher who is a JP - my high school has 6 from memory so they should be able to help.

Use this link to find your state JP site. Once there, get on the Find a JP and put in your post code. You will get either the nearest shopping centre one or one who is happy to work out of hours.
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:00 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Just call them, they are free.

I called one in the UK, really nice guy. I asked about meeting him, he said to pop round his house.

In Australia, I asked at work where to find one, I was given a list (all worked in the same offices!!!) Called the top one, he was in a meeting but called me back 30 minutes later and came and found me.
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by plantpot
I need osme stuff to be certified to send off to Edu NSW...does anyone know if I need to pay the JP? No idea how it works....I do know I live in an area with about ten.....is that normal? DO they work from home? Very handy if so!!!
A JP signed some paperwork for me in Perth and it cost me nothing.
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:24 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Have used them several times for free They can be found in the LIBRARY COUNCIL OFFICES POST OFFICES LOCAL MP'S OFFICE and sometimes the Chemists. You should not have a problem finding one the Post Office if not having one, would know.
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:59 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Can it be done by the police? We just had them sign a huge pile of papers for skills assessment, FoC. Beauty of that is you can go in anytime, day or night.
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Seasider
Can it be done by the police? We just had them sign a huge pile of papers for skills assessment, FoC. Beauty of that is you can go in anytime, day or night.
No apparently not, just JP and Notaries in country of origin....got a huge list to ring now...