Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just want to get an idea of numbers

Wikiposts

Just want to get an idea of numbers

Old Dec 20th 2003, 5:26 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by sjn2003
Will be heading 'Up North' to a land of no computers for a few days from Xmas Eve but will be back in touch well before New Year. Where's the party ?
I thought they had electricity in many parts of the north these days?

Don't take your computer to Norfolk, you'll be burnt for witchcraft.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by GengaKev
12 Hour shift on Christmas day, joy.
Start saving up jokes to post to make it more bareable-please!

Thats what my hubby is doing too, but it makes the pain easier to bare knowing he is on triple time and a bonus!!!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just want to get an idea of numbers

Originally posted by badgersmount
Ok - so everyone is out doing their Xmas Shopping - I should I suppose.

As this forum will inevitably slow down until New Year, I just need to know how many people will be in over the next week, so I can plan drinks etc.

I will be in till about Christmas Eve, then away to about New Year's Eve..a week's absence - even got a note from my Mum to excuse me, if you need to see it

anyone else?

Badge
Just had a thought. Are you doing nibbles as well? If not I'm a whizz at those cheesy pineapple cubes on sticks things

Or is this a hardcore booze only kind of bash ????
Old Dec 20th 2003, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Jetskigirl is an unknown quantity at this point

If u have a written quote, they can´t do much about it, why not unload your stuff, then when u go to settle the bill give them what they orginally quoted minus the money 4 the stuff they lost. Tell them you are a journalist and are writing an article on shipping, so make sure you take a camera and ask the CEO for his picture.

JSG

Originally posted by Pollyana
I shall be here as much as possible, MIL and family fights permitting.
Can't afford to go out anyway as my shipping company have just decided to send me their final bill...... small matter of £200 discrepancy between the quote and the bill -which is a lot when the total is only £900! (plus they have lost a box/package somewhere.....43 left my flat, 42 were loaded onto the ship)

Pollyana the pi**ed off!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Shall log on periodically to escape the rellys, boring telly and avoid the choccies (got to try n get in the bikini when we skip over to Oz to validate the visas in February!!!)
Old Dec 20th 2003, 8:13 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
Thats what my hubby is doing too, but it makes the pain easier to bare knowing he is on triple time and a bonus!!!

Now I know there is a good reason for moving as I will be getting time and two thirds for working christmas day. Sorry I forgot if lucky I will be able to leave the ward half an hour early.

Sarah
Old Dec 20th 2003, 8:21 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just want to get an idea of numbers

Originally posted by badgersmount
Ok - so everyone is out doing their Xmas Shopping - I should I suppose.

As this forum will inevitably slow down until New Year, I just need to know how many people will be in over the next week, so I can plan drinks etc.

I will be in till about Christmas Eve, then away to about New Year's Eve..a week's absence - even got a note from my Mum to excuse me, if you need to see it

anyone else?

Badge
We will be about over the festive period. Mr KC in the kitchen he does look sweet in his pinny

I will be in and out to work.

We go our police checks back to day must be a bit of a record 13 days from posting to landing on the door mat saying ok.

Have a good xmas

Sarah
Old Dec 20th 2003, 8:35 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sj oldfield
What time does the party start.
We are staying in good old pompey.
Family are still pissed off with us so no invites

Pop round to ours SJ Oldfield.....theres a welcome for you at ours here in pompey!!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 8:53 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

We'll be around, with his parents!!

Still, seeing as it may be our last Christmas here, I've got to be dignified about it. MIL is already threatening to come to us in Oz for next Christmas. Might change our minds and go somewhere else without telling her!!

P.S. Off the antibiotics and back on the Baileys! YES!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 9:13 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi folks,
no-one will entertain 2 boisterous nearly-3-year-old boys and a sulky 6 going on 16 girl, so we are stuck at home.
Drinking copious amounts of vodka, wine and lager, and eating far too much crap!!!!

cant contain myself

sue