Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fed up and not christmassy

fed up and not christmassy

Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fed up and not christmassy

Feeling really p....d off and unchristmassy.
Still at work, it is getting dark out now, its damp, grey and horrible.
The sort of day were your car keeps cutting out.

All my staff at work have gone to the pub and Im sitting here on my own feeling really bloody low.

Not sure why as I am not normally a `low` person, ususally really happy and loud.

Hopefully I`ll get over it.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:12 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fed up and not christmassy

Originally posted by S Oldfield

All my staff at work have gone to the pub and Im sitting here on my own feeling really bloody low.

Not sure why as I am not normally a `low` person, ususally really happy and loud.

Jingle Bells, Jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh
Jingle bells, Jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh

Dashing through the snow
On a one-horse open sleigh
over the hills we go
laughing all the way
Bells on bob-rails ring
making spirits bright
Oh what fun it is to ride and sing a sleighing song tonight!

Now the ground is white
Go it while you're young
Take the girls along
and sing this sleighing song
Just get a bob-tailed bay
two-forty as his speed
hitch him to an open sleigh and crack you'll take the lead

Rollin' down the street
Doing donuts in a CLK
While the homie's in the back
Bumpin' Ray J
Mobile phone's bought to ring
We ain't answerin no two-way
We ain't tryna have no drama
On this lovely Christmas day
Old Dec 19th 2003, 4:10 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I am feeling a bit bah humbugish as well - I am going to look for a Sally Army band tomorrow - they always get those festive juices flowing!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too!! Have spent all day at work doing my 9-5 job and am now off to do my Aus fund bar job working 6-1 so spare a thought for me whilst you're at home watching Enders!

Oh well, sure it'll be worth it in the end?

Jo
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

This is our first Summer in NZ, I'm sitting here in beautiful sunny NZ and totally NOT feeling Christmassy. Christmas seems such an non event here. It's a bit like trying to celebrate xmas on a 2 week holiday to Majorca.
BUT I wouldn' swap it for the world.

Gill and Rob
Old Dec 20th 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Cheer up you miserable sods!!!!!!
Try my life.......
Father in law diagnosed with terminal cancer so we decided to spend some time with him before the inevitable happens......Skilled designated area visa...12 to 16 weeks????? took 15 months to come.
Sold the house within 1 hour of putting up for sale.........sale fell thru after 12 weeks, cost me £480 for the solicitor. Resold within the day, only for the new buyers mortgage company to piss us around for the last 4 months(the only test on the house they haven't asked for is carbon dating!).
Concerns for father in law meant that the wife and daughter went to Australia in November leaving me to deal with packing and the house sale........latest news is even if the buyers sign tomorrow and pay the deposit it will not get looked at until 9th Jan when the solicitors go back to their offices, then 3 weeks notice for the shippers means no moving 'til February at the earliest.
Really looking forward to my Safeway frozen turkey dinner for one, but can still manage to laugh and joke with my friends, well on the outside at least.

Merry Xmas to you all
Old Dec 20th 2003, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Jetskigirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fed up and not christmassy

Ring up some old friends that make you laugh out loud, if you don´t feel like joining in with the rest of the staff, get a good feel good video fill up a nice bubble bath with loads of candles around you with some lively music blaring+ stuff your face with loads of chocolate.

When I get that low, I find it helps me, and after getting off the phone to some good mates, and had that laugh, it does make me feel better, even if its short term.

The worse thing you can often do is sit alone whilst the world outside seems to be having fun. Get on the phone. or go and visit that mate who makes you laugh.

JSG.

Originally posted by S Oldfield

Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Puts things into perspective a bit Rossi, doesn't it.
My best mate lost his father just before I left the UK and I wish i could be there for him this Christmas. I am also feeling the loss of a close friend (who passed away about the same time) - we used to have long chats on the phone on Christmas Day (he lived in Tassie) and I'm very aware that I can't do that this year.

So although I'm whinging about having my new family squabbling around me, I'm very glad that I'm here, and able to spend Christmas with my Bloke for the first time, and I I feel really sorry for those of you who have to be apart - I know what that feels like.
Hope you manage to spend at least part of the day with some mates, and try and keep yourself busy.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

My mother arrives on Tuesday for 3 weeks then off to Abel Tasman National Park after Xmas day to poke around and relax. Lah-di-dah...