Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just put an offer in house! (Brisbane area)

Just put an offer in house! (Brisbane area)

Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:01 am
Just Joined

shani is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Just put an offer in house! (Brisbane area)

Hi -Good for you, it's a great area around here, still trying to get hubby to leave Carindale. I am a Sales Consultant at Birkdale Ray White. Let me know the address and I can sort out a current market valuation on the area.

Shani:
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:25 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just put an offer in house! (Brisbane area)

Thanks for that, but I already have an agent who has checked out the price. I think I'll be talking to him again to make sure we both know the true value of the price. I have no problem paying what it's worth, but I need to be certain of the cost.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Thanks for that, but I already have an agent who has checked out the price. I think I'll be talking to him again to make sure we both know the true value of the price. I have no problem paying what it's worth, but I need to be certain of the cost.
If the market is so buoyant over there............ your best bet may be to enroll the services of a 'Buyer's Agent'?

That way 'your 'Agent' would be working in your best interests........ not the vendor's best interest. The Listing Agent doesn't have to worry about a conjunction eating into his/her fee.

'Your' Agent would utilise his/her negotiating skills on your behalf to get you the best deal.

I represented some buyers in Wanneroo last month, they had been banging their head against a brick wall for several months with a stubborn vendor who reckoned her home was worth $720K +........ and wouldn't budge.

We got the deal through at $580K and it settled a fortnight ago. I was happy to do this for a fee equivalent to a normal conjunction ............. the buyers wouldn't have that though. They gave me a couple of grand more; it's nice to be appreciated!

I'm happy for QLD Realtors the market over there is good......... in WA this is the quietest it's been during my 10 years in the game. Definitely a Buyer's Market in WA at present.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
If the market is so buoyant over there............ your best bet may be to enroll the services of a 'Buyer's Agent'?
............................. sorry, forgot to add : There's a sales rep a few replies ago who is working in your area, Shani.

Ray White are a reputable company. See if she has got anything suitable on her books, or if she knows of any other properties that may be to your liking?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 9:49 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies guys. I have already been dealing with an agent for about two weeks now. He has shown me any property I've wanted to see regardless of the listing agent. So I believe that would be a buyers agent.

Had I know about Shani a few weeks ago I would have given her a call. But so far my agents been doing a great job so I have no comlaints. I just can't seem to find what anything good in our price range. If only I could spend another $100,000 then I'd find lots!

And the house I was trying to buy is being pulled off the market. I guess the owner realized that he wasn't going to get what he wanted.