Griffith

Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough
Default Griffith

Hi all

Does anyone live in Griffith nsw?what are the schools like here?whats the general place like?is it a good place to raise children?my husband has been offered a job there for next year with sponsorship aswell so we,d like a little information on the place although we will be taking a trip out there in a few months time,any good places to stay aswell we will be bringing our two kids aged 3 and 8 with us.Any help will be appreciated.
Laura
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Griffith

Originally Posted by lousco
Hi all

Does anyone live in Griffith nsw?what are the schools like here?whats the general place like?is it a good place to raise children?my husband has been offered a job there for next year with sponsorship aswell so we,d like a little information on the place although we will be taking a trip out there in a few months time,any good places to stay aswell we will be bringing our two kids aged 3 and 8 with us.Any help will be appreciated.
Laura
Hi Laura,
I stayed there for 3 months after coming out here. It is a nice little town if you like the quiet life. It is in the middle of nowhere and you have to drive long distances or fly if you want to do or see anything interesting.. There are numerous motels/hotels. We stayed at THE Bagtown Motel which was quite comfortable and has a good restaurant and pool. When we left there was a new shopping centre with a bowling alley and cinema being built. McDonalds/KFC/Subway are there and some fantastic Italian shoe shops.
Thats about it. The schools have quite good reputations and there is loads to do for the kids.
There are really all the amenities that you nee. The library is adequate but you can get internet access from there at $1 per hour.
Hope this helps,. There is a Griffith website

http://www.griffith.nsw.gov.au/

Hope this helps.

Louise