Reload this Page >

just to point out

just to point out

Old Mar 31st 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

susanmj will become famous soon enoughsusanmj will become famous soon enough
Default just to point out

hi all i dont mean to be rude about this
but i have been looking at lots of threads that are saying about not many jobs around at the moment
i have found that this is mostly in the very high populated areas
this is were the job shortages are
for some of you that are only just starting the process maybe to look further afield and just remember nothing is for ever and if you have PR then you can choose were you live if you dont like one place you can try another place
we have decided to look into Alice springs yes i can hear you all now why would anyone want to go there when even the Aussies dont go there and yes we are aware it has some probs but dont all places
it seems that they are still very short of workers in the northern territory
and the building of 4.000 new homes is going to help too
and that is just in stage 1i did think about things like yes we are 10000s of miles from a beach but at the end of the day we have to compromise maybe i will have house with pool lol
so maybe just look further a field were the jobs really are like i said you dont have to stay there for ever
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just to point out

Just like to wish you luck and atleast you're doing something about your situation in a positive way!Hope you also get your pool
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

hi LR
to tell ya the truth not really bothered about a pool would be nice but alas if we dont get one no big downer
there is just so many people heading for the same place now that is why there is a mass shortage of jobs there now
i said to my other half as long as there is work and shops and school am not bothered that's all i need
i have to laugh thou reading some of the threads
has made me also see how some people are fickle lol
am just so glad that me and my husband have only ever relied on each other
even when we had our 7 kids no one looked after them but us
i do think that some people will find it hard if they have relied heavily on there family to help with kids but it is better too try than to live the rest of your lifes with what ifs
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, nice to read something positive. I am aspiring to a house with a pool one day
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

well i hope you get it must say would be great
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susanmj
hi LR
to tell ya the truth not really bothered about a pool would be nice but alas if we dont get one no big downer
there is just so many people heading for the same place now that is why there is a mass shortage of jobs there now
i said to my other half as long as there is work and shops and school am not bothered that's all i need
i have to laugh thou reading some of the threads
has made me also see how some people are fickle lol
am just so glad that me and my husband have only ever relied on each other
even when we had our 7 kids no one looked after them but us
i do think that some people will find it hard if they have relied heavily on there family to help with kids but it is better too try than to live the rest of your lifes with what ifs
Love your spirit!!!! All the best,and I'm sure everything will work out fine for you!Keep us posted possum !
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Good luck, nice to read something positive. I am aspiring to a house with a pool one day
13 years ago I lived in a small studio flat.
10 years ago, a terraced house
Today a 5 bed house with Pool.

Slowly but surely, I got there, a few hiccups on the way, nothing ever goes smooth, but it makes life interesting.

I'd love to recap in a few years and say 'I once lived in Alice Springs', but nothing that interesting has happened to me.

Good luck to all who try

Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

i know some people will think we are mad to ever want to go there
but we wont know till we tried it
i read on a thread somewhere once about a women moaning couse were she was living in aus she couldn't fill here freezer up and couldnt get disigner clothes
like she could back in the uk
oh well did make me laugh
i know what i would have told her to do
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:00 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

english friends of my dad lives in AS he loves it

good luck
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

well thats great to hear must say just latley have heard alot of bad about Alice springs what with the crime
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I work all over Oz, and many areas are still crying out for people. I was in the Toowoomba/Goondiwindi area last week and business are ready to take ANYONE on if you are prepared to do a days work.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

yes know what you mean i think it will be a long time before we start to see the jobs slow down else were this is due to every one wanting the sea and sand
i just hope that this will help our more people who are struggling to get into oz like us oh thats strange you saying Toowoomba i was offerd a care job there a few weeks back