Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just out of interest - anyone gone out to OZ ahead of partner??

Just out of interest - anyone gone out to OZ ahead of partner??

Old May 20th 2003, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just out of interest - anyone gone out to OZ ahead of partner??

Just wondered if anyone had or was considering going out to OZ seperately from partner and can share their experience/thoughts??
Possibly thinking of going out with my daughter a few months ahead of hubby!!
He will keep a wage coming in for a few extra months - I`ll stay with family and begin job search (unless I can get something before leaving).
Nice school for my daughter close by.
It would be nice to go out together but it will be a bit crowded and a bit stressful for 2 families under 1 roof especially if we are both looking for work at the same time.

Any comments?????!!!!

Jacko
Old May 20th 2003, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sounds like a sensible idea, my hubby would never fall for it though - who will do the washing and ironing?!

I'm sure it would work out well if you can stay with your family. Not sure your Husband would like being left behind though, but it would be a good way to keep the money coming in.
Where would he live? In your house or will it be sold by then?
Old May 20th 2003, 8:28 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

does sound a good idea, the job market globally is a bit crap at present.
Old May 20th 2003, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Hubby is main applicant on a skilled independant migration and on our visa grant letter it states that we can`t go out to Oz before him. We didn`t know this `till we got letter.

Loraine
Old May 21st 2003, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes but you could validate the visa altogether and then decide to move out seperately later.
BTW hubby will either live with his mate next door or keep his MUM happy for a few months - she`ll probably be glad to get rid of him after that!!! Only joking!

J