Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone got their police check from NSY early

has anyone got their police check from NSY early

Old May 16th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default has anyone got their police check from NSY early

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone got there's quicker than the 40 days ??
Old May 16th 2003, 7:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mine only took 17 days, but that was before the new computer was installed! Soon as they plugged that in things slowed down.... seems to be no logic in it though as some that were sent at the same time as mine took the usual 40 days.
Old May 16th 2003, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

mine took 28 days!!
Old May 16th 2003, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours took 35 days. Got them back Tuesday this week
Old May 16th 2003, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Currently 33 days and counting.

I sent a fax to them today pleading for them to come before next the end of next week, we are off to France for a week and I desperately need to send them before we go.

My date to get them to Adelaide is now 4 days overdue. And the postie doesn't appear to have been working for the last 2 days, I always see him when I leave for work and no sign of him or any mail!!

I am more worried about these police checks than getting the bl***y visa through!!
Old May 16th 2003, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fax/Email

Hi tinaj

is there a email address that I could email them at.

I phoned my regional bureau but they said that they could not do anything until 40 days have transpired!!!

Desperate to get my app sent off. Hate having it all in front of me - yet not having the Visa itself!!!!!

Cheers

Anthony
Old May 19th 2003, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

anthonykirby

you dont need to send of police chekcs with app - although i did but i wouldnt delay putting in app for sake of police cehcks - these can be sent off at a later date
Old May 19th 2003, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

sEE MY OTHER THREAD

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=153164

I phoned after 2 days got mine back within 5 days I called this number and they where pretty cool.

0207 230 2966
Old May 19th 2003, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Carrianne
sEE MY OTHER THREAD

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=153164

I phoned after 2 days got mine back within 5 days I called this number and they where pretty cool.

0207 230 2966
Phoned them this morning and was told they have thousands of forms in a pile and they couldn't possibly find mine. We are not even on the system after 36 days of waiting.

The girl told me to ring my police station and get them to fax a copy of the forms to her, then she would process them today.When I rang the station they said they don't keep copies and they have sent the originals off!!

Finally I spoke to a manager, explained the saga and desperation. She agreed to try and speak to the Metropolitan section 'upstairs' and then transfer our details from there.
She said she would process asap.

It all sounds a bit fishy to me and I am not holding my breath. They were far from helpful when I rang and sound like they are trying to fob me off.

I am going to wait 2 days and then am considering putting in another application and getting them to fax it across to NSYard.

I hope it comes before Friday, we are well past our date for sending back to Adelaide and I have had enough of waiting quietly.

My advise is don't sit and wait. If I had just left it we would probably get ours back in about 3 weeks.

Not even on the system after 36 days, what is going on? I have visions of one little old lady typing 10 words a minute to get them processed......
Old May 19th 2003, 1:33 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by tinaj
Phoned them this morning and was told they have thousands of forms in a pile and they couldn't possibly find mine. We are not even on the system after 36 days of waiting.

The girl told me to ring my police station and get them to fax a copy of the forms to her, then she would process them today.When I rang the station they said they don't keep copies and they have sent the originals off!!

Finally I spoke to a manager, explained the saga and desperation. She agreed to try and speak to the Metropolitan section 'upstairs' and then transfer our details from there.
She said she would process asap.

It all sounds a bit fishy to me and I am not holding my breath. They were far from helpful when I rang and sound like they are trying to fob me off.

I am going to wait 2 days and then am considering putting in another application and getting them to fax it across to NSYard.

I hope it comes before Friday, we are well past our date for sending back to Adelaide and I have had enough of waiting quietly.

My advise is don't sit and wait. If I had just left it we would probably get ours back in about 3 weeks.

Not even on the system after 36 days, what is going on? I have visions of one little old lady typing 10 words a minute to get them processed......
I did exactly the same thing and ours where not in the computer. I think I must have spoken to the same girl. I rang North Yorks Police and they said they would fax a copy through for the attention of the girl who would then put them onto the system.

So fingers crossed and I will continue to chase this I am desperate to get there now and will do any amount of pestering!!!!!

Jo
Old May 19th 2003, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by joh117
I did exactly the same thing and ours where not in the computer. I think I must have spoken to the same girl. I rang North Yorks Police and they said they would fax a copy through for the attention of the girl who would then put them onto the system.

So fingers crossed and I will continue to chase this I am desperate to get there now and will do any amount of pestering!!!!!

Jo

My Police station said they don't have a copy of my application? are they telling me fibs or are the Yorkshire force more organised?!
Old May 19th 2003, 2:45 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by tinaj
My Police station said they don't have a copy of my application? are they telling me fibs or are the Yorkshire force more organised?!
Sounds like the North Yorkshire police are more organised. He asked for my reference and surname and said no problems! He was not fazed by the request.

I will chase up the girl I spoke to in a couple of days have I not heard but fingers crossed. I also kept a photocopy of my application so I could have sent that through I guess well to the NYP at least.

Jo
Old May 21st 2003, 8:05 am
Pass The Post

Originally posted by joh117

Jo

Rang NSY yesterday morning and the girl had not received the fax from NY Police. She said she would ring me when she received them. Still not heard from her. I am going to call NY Police again today and ask if they have managed to fax it through as NSY have not received it yet.

Keeping up the pressure!

Jo