Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 8th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
We have been up for sale since late Feb and had 4 viewers. One of those is desperate to buy ours and has said she will pay full asking price (she has been round three times with various members of her family but only counted her as 1 viewer) but she still has to sell hers. So I suppose we are 'Under Offer Maybe'?

We have listed ours on the classifieds section of British Expats:

http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...1&cat=7&page=1

Hope the link works, I'm never very good at those!

Sandy
Hi Sandy

We too have listed ours in the classifieds section - lots of viewings of the page but only two viewing of the property
Ours is at:-
http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...1&cat=7&page=1

Good luck

Peter
Old May 8th 2005, 5:27 pm
Oz - dream or reality?

MJHuk22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Spend more time reading this site than replying but had to respond to this thread. Our 139 visas were granted 18/1/05 and we put the house up for sale on 24/1/05. We are on our 2nd agent and to date have had 10 views but no offers.
We are near to a river and on of our viewers didn't like the house as she has a fear of water! Why bother to waste our time then.

Good Luck to all who are TRYING to sell. It will happen but probably like a few others we are planing to validate in August if something doesn't happen soon.

Mandy
Old May 9th 2005, 7:42 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000

Bet your partner is very upset possums, must have knocked the wind out of his sails, he must have got excited thinking that he could help them like that. Buy him a big drink/ice cream to cheer him and you up, go on treat yourselves

Nicky
Thanks Halflinggirl

Fingers crossed for everyone whos trying to sell
Old May 9th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Accepted an offer this morning from a buyer in rented accomodation so the list now has one less for sale and one more under offer .

The house has been on the market since September last year but I noticed the number viewing who were in a position to buy increased deramatically in the last couple of week.

Typically opur offer came as we're about to fly to Sydney on Friday to validate the visa's as we were starting to feel we weren't going to sell for a while

Good luck everyone.
Old May 9th 2005, 1:02 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spottydog
Accepted an offer this morning from a buyer in rented accomodation so the list now has one less for sale and one more under offer .

The house has been on the market since September last year but I noticed the number viewing who were in a position to buy increased deramatically in the last couple of week.

Typically opur offer came as we're about to fly to Sydney on Friday to validate the visa's as we were starting to feel we weren't going to sell for a while

Good luck everyone.
Congrats on your sale. I'm sure the nice weather is bringing more viewers/buyers out of the woodwork
Old May 9th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about

Add us to the list of people with houses for sale. Had 2 estate agents round this morning and have 1 more coming tomorrow, so by tomorrow tea time our decision on who to go with and at what price should be made...just hope it sells quick!

Jenny
Old May 9th 2005, 9:07 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Read in the paper today that house prices have increased for the 3rd month running????

Seems that most of us are dropping our asking prices though dose'nt it?
Interest rates are stable so hopefully things will pick up.

So far still no offers (after 10 viewings) so I'm thinking of putting in a new staircase into the loft, then I might get a bite. It will cost me about 2 grand though but I think the crappy stairs that are there already are puttng people off....hmm decisions, decisions.
Old May 9th 2005, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

sherman989 is on a distinguished road

We have been on the market 4 weeks,had an offer yesterday £ 10.000 under asking price!! We asked for a sensible offer and we are now £ 6.000 under!
Hopefully our buyer will spend a bit more tommorow!
I think as soon as they find out you are emigrating, they believe they can get away with murder.....
I know we should be happy but we still have a court case to win to get the children out of the country before we can celebrate. Good luck to everyone

Mandie
Old May 9th 2005, 9:41 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Have had our house on the market since middle of feb have had 5 viewings one offer 20k under asking price. I have a 18mnth old little boy so keeping place tidy is difficult at the best of times but what really peed me off was i went on hols for a week so made sure house was tidy before i went away left key with neighbour just in case agents rang me day i got back saying someone wanted to come round so left everything in car so house stayed looking tidy then she cancelled but they said someone wanted to come day after so left everything in car overnight went out visiting for the day so house stayed tidy got back madly hoovered just in case then when the bloody women came with her mum sister and partner to look at my small 2 bed semi she was there all of 5 mins didn't say anything so asked agent to find out constructive criticism and she had the gall to say house was really nice but a bit untidy i tell you aaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh :scared: they said they thought she seemed the type who expects to see a showhome so i said she should bloody look at show homes then. hubby has been in sydney for last 5 weeks and is not due back till end of next week so had to have all stress on my own . oh well now i have vented my frustration i feel better who knows what tomorrow may bring
Old May 9th 2005, 9:41 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Have had our house on the market since middle of feb have had 5 viewings one offer 20k under asking price. I have a 18mnth old little boy so keeping place tidy is difficult at the best of times but what really peed me off was i went on hols for a week so made sure house was tidy before i went away left key with neighbour just in case agents rang me day i got back saying someone wanted to come round so left everything in car so house stayed looking tidy then she cancelled but they said someone wanted to come day after so left everything in car overnight went out visiting for the day so house stayed tidy got back madly hoovered just in case then when the bloody women came with her mum sister and partner to look at my small 2 bed semi she was there all of 5 mins didn't say anything so asked agent to find out constructive criticism and she had the gall to say house was really nice but a bit untidy i tell you aaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh they said they thought she seemed the type who expects to see a showhome so i said she should bloody look at show homes then. hubby has been in sydney for last 5 weeks and is not due back till end of next week so had to have all stress on my own . oh well now i have vented my frustration i feel better who knows what tomorrow may bring
Old May 13th 2005, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Had first viewing through new agents last night. The agent said that it was a really good viewing and that they really liked the house. The downside is that they have to sell their house which has just gone on the market again (sale fell through).

Agent also said that there have been quite a few requests for details of our house over last few days and that he's optimistic there'll be more viewings at the weekend. Keeping fingers crossed for an offer soon

Tracy
Old May 16th 2005, 7:35 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Hooray..! I got a viewer tomorrow at 5...been mad cleaning for the last 3 and half hours...I hope its worth it...! and finally I get an offer...I have dropped 10 grand in the last fortnight nand Im the cheapest on my estate now...so please fingers crossed peeps....
Old May 16th 2005, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by peppi
Hooray..! I got a viewer tomorrow at 5...been mad cleaning for the last 3 and half hours...I hope its worth it...! and finally I get an offer...I have dropped 10 grand in the last fortnight nand Im the cheapest on my estate now...so please fingers crossed peeps....
Hiya Pep

Will keep my fingees crossed for you, we had 2 viewing over the W/E 1 came back with an offer today .... can you believe £15.000 under the asking price and as you know we the cheapest on our estate!!! laugh you could cry, they are coming back with another offer tomorrow so we'll see

Charlie
Old May 16th 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Did anyone hear the news tonight, apparently we are on the verge of a housing boom!!! Not sure which markets they are looking at though, anyone got a clue?

Charlie
Old May 16th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by peppi
Good luck Peppi
We were in the same position last week:
Wednesday - called on agents and chivied them up a bit
Thursday - agent called and said was sending viewers round Friday 5pm
Spent Thursday and Friday morning rushing around with better half - cleaning, polishing ,tidying etc etc
Friday afternoon - agent rang and cancelled the viewing
We were slightly.... err......disappointed you could say.

Good luck for tomorrow - karma coming your way

Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.