Just had meds

Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Just had meds

came out feeling really peeed off, yes I've got bloody bad eye sight and no I never lost the four stone that I needed to - but to be reminded of it made me want to blub OUT LOUD.

the kids and OH had very good meds - no worries there then so now I feel that I've let all of them down and there will be problems with my medical. The Doc - he was lovely btw (went to Heathrow/Longford) told me that my blood pressure was slightly up and after doing it three times - it went to normal, and this was probably due to the weight - ok ok ok I'm overweight.

So anyway he did make me smile by telling me that my chest xrays were fine and no problems there.

Did anyone else have to remove there contact lenses, do an eye test and then do another with them in? - I found this odd.

Oh well think I'll have a chinese and a bottle of chardonnay tonight
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just had meds

Originally Posted by DebraH
came out feeling really peeed off, yes I've got bloody bad eye sight and no I never lost the four stone that I needed to - but to be reminded of it made me want to blub OUT LOUD.

the kids and OH had very good meds - no worries there then so now I feel that I've let all of them down and there will be problems with my medical. The Doc - he was lovely btw (went to Heathrow/Longford) told me that my blood pressure was slightly up and after doing it three times - it went to normal, and this was probably due to the weight - ok ok ok I'm overweight.

So anyway he did make me smile by telling me that my chest xrays were fine and no problems there.

Did anyone else have to remove there contact lenses, do an eye test and then do another with them in? - I found this odd.

GO GIRL......ENJOY
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:23 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

The nurse said to me just keep them in. Defeats the object doesn't it?
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure it will be fine. Did the doctor actually say there was a problem with your medical? Ours told us we were all fine apart from i had to get my urine sample sent away to be checked properly but i phoned a few days later and they were cleared. I know we worry so much about the meds but calm down and enjoy your wine tonight.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
Im sure it will be fine. Did the doctor actually say there was a problem with your medical? Ours told us we were all fine apart from i had to get my urine sample sent away to be checked properly but i phoned a few days later and they were cleared. I know we worry so much about the meds but calm down and enjoy your wine tonight.

only commented on the xrays and my sight - or lack of it
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

the blood pressure was probably due to you being nervous. My hubby had to have his done three times
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

only commented on the xrays and my sight - or lack of it

Mines gave me a long lecture on stopping smoking and then i was immediately thinking "OMG there something wrong with my chest xray" I was so nervous i was shaking when we examined me. I eat too much, smoke too much and really really drink too much. But i passed. Keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
the blood pressure was probably due to you being nervous. My hubby had to have his done three times
I hope so, only ever had high blood pressure when I was pregnant
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by angel17796
Mines gave me a long lecture on stopping smoking and then i was immediately thinking "OMG there something wrong with my chest xray" I was so nervous i was shaking when we examined me. I eat too much, smoke too much and really really drink too much. But i passed. Keep my fingers crossed for you
How long did it take to find out - do they send you a letter if there's problems. Its confusing I mean you have the med, the blood tests get sent off (so the dr said), do the result then go back to the doctor, or does everything just get sent off to Sydney and then you wait for them to decide, and if they decide that there's a problem do you then have to appeal against that and/or have another medical.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

How long did it take to find out - do they send you a letter if there's problems. Its confusing I mean you have the med, the blood tests get sent off (so the dr said), do the result then go back to the doctor, or does everything just get sent off to Sydney and then you wait for them to decide, and if they decide that there's a problem do you then have to appeal against that and/or have another medical.

The blood test results go back to the doctors. If there is any problems they will ring you I would imagine, as they will have to do further tests etc

We were told to ring after 4 days to get the results.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:53 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debra,
We've just had our meds today. Me and the kids were fine but hubby has been told to lose weight (a lot of it ) and as they found blood in his urine he has to have more tests done by his own GP. They think he could have diabetes but our agent has assured me that that shouldn't stop us from getting the visa. The panel doc gave him a letter to take to his GP and his tests are next Tuesday. I've also got to take another wee sample from my eldest daughter as she is "on" at the moment and couldn't give a sample today.
Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Julie. x
BTW, me and hubby both smoke (although not excessively) and the chest X-Rays were all fine.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Hi Debra,
We've just had our meds today. Me and the kids were fine but hubby has been told to lose weight (a lot of it ) and as they found blood in his urine he has to have more tests done by his own GP. They think he could have diabetes but our agent has assured me that that shouldn't stop us from getting the visa. The panel doc gave him a letter to take to his GP and his tests are next Tuesday. I've also got to take another wee sample from my eldest daughter as she is "on" at the moment and couldn't give a sample today.
Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Julie. x
BTW, me and hubby both smoke (although not excessively) and the chest X-Rays were all fine.
starting to feel a bit better - if they had found something in the wee, he would have told us then? this was a worry as being overweight and the thought of diabetes being detected. just have to sit and wait now.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

what exactly do they test in the meds
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by davykaz

Height, weight, eyes, hearing, blood, urine, reflexes, blood pressure etc
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by davykaz
we went to Heathrow and we had our weight, they ask you your height, then you do the wee - which they tested. go into the doctor, does eyesight, ears, checks eyes then looks down your throat.

then strip off, sat on couch - reflexes, BP, listened to chest and back, then felt around stomach. then took blood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.