Just had meds

Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:17 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just had meds

Our panel doc also had a feel of my boobs
Shame he wasn't about 30 years younger and good looking
Julie. x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Our panel doc also had a feel of my boobs
Shame he wasn't about 30 years younger and good looking
Julie. x

He,he
Old Feb 17th 2006, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

Hi

I wouldn't worry about the eye test, me and my oldest son both wear glasses and they told us that they just need the details, its not a problem they just want to know what sort of strain that people will be putting on their healtchare system or something like that. We got our visas anyway.

I was told not many people are refused on health matters, its just they want to check everything and I think the most important one is to make sure that no one any other contageous disease that they would be bringing into the country.

Good luck, I'm sure you will have no problem.

Poppy
Old Feb 17th 2006, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy
Hi

I wouldn't worry about the eye test, me and my oldest son both wear glasses and they told us that they just need the details, its not a problem they just want to know what sort of strain that people will be putting on their healtchare system or something like that. We got our visas anyway.

I was told not many people are refused on health matters, its just they want to check everything and I think the most important one is to make sure that no one any other contageous disease that they would be bringing into the country.

Good luck, I'm sure you will have no problem.

Poppy
well, we've got ours next tuesday and i'm crapping it!!!!! i'm convinced i've got hiv, hepatitis and then to top it all, went to donate blood today and couldnt because i had a blood transfusion a few years ago they think someone contracted cjd, so i'm now thinking i've got mad cow disease too!!!!!!!

good luck to all of you with your results

debbie
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:10 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
came out feeling really peeed off, yes I've got bloody bad eye sight and no I never lost the four stone that I needed to - but to be reminded of it made me want to blub OUT LOUD.

the kids and OH had very good meds - no worries there then so now I feel that I've let all of them down and there will be problems with my medical. The Doc - he was lovely btw (went to Heathrow/Longford) told me that my blood pressure was slightly up and after doing it three times - it went to normal, and this was probably due to the weight - ok ok ok I'm overweight.

So anyway he did make me smile by telling me that my chest xrays were fine and no problems there.

Did anyone else have to remove there contact lenses, do an eye test and then do another with them in? - I found this odd.

Oh well think I'll have a chinese and a bottle of chardonnay tonight
Hey have two bottles! You deserve it. Go for a long walk tomorrow and it will be ok. Your BP's ok and hopefully everything else will work out.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hey have two bottles! You deserve it. Go for a long walk tomorrow and it will be ok. Your BP's ok and hopefully everything else will work out.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks all I've chilled out a bit now, chardonnay is waiting but I had to have curry as no-one else wanted chinese. oh well.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

came out feeling really peeed off, yes I've got bloody bad eye sight and no I never lost the four stone that I needed to - but to be reminded of it made me want to blub OUT LOUD.

the kids and OH had very good meds - no worries there then so now I feel that I've let all of them down and there will be problems with my medical. The Doc - he was lovely btw (went to Heathrow/Longford) told me that my blood pressure was slightly up and after doing it three times - it went to normal, and this was probably due to the weight - ok ok ok I'm overweight.

So anyway he did make me smile by telling me that my chest xrays were fine and no problems there.

Did anyone else have to remove there contact lenses, do an eye test and then do another with them in? - I found this odd.

I'm even more nervous now i've seen this post! We've got our meds on Tusday - i too am overweight and am really worried that it will be my fault if we are turned down for a visa, does anyone know how it works regarding this - how much overweight can you be before it is an issue or is it just if you have medical problems with regard to your weight?? (like blood pressure/diabetes etc) please help me get a nights sleep before Tuesday!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rachelle
I'm even more nervous now i've seen this post! We've got our meds on Tusday - i too am overweight and am really worried that it will be my fault if we are turned down for a visa, does anyone know how it works regarding this - how much overweight can you be before it is an issue or is it just if you have medical problems with regard to your weight?? (like blood pressure/diabetes etc) please help me get a nights sleep before Tuesday!
My wife is -9 in one eye and -8 in the other and she had no problem. The thing that they seem to be stamping down on is us big fat Brits. We are overweight and this coming up more and more on this site. There has been a thread "dieting for oz" on this site for months now. I think everyone on here is starting to be aware of how chunky we are and I think this kick up the arse on the meds is scary.

My Wife and I where both overweight when we started the process and we made an effort to try and lose some timber so this didn't show up on our meds. We heard a story on here of a man who was 5'9" and 14 stone and was classed as cat B because of this. Shit myself, lost 3 stone and all went ok, even though I am still a bit chunky. Happy I did it though as I feel better and I think it showed that I am serious about this migration business. Wife lost 2 stone and looks hot as hell too (5'7" and 8.5 Stone GGGRRRRR).

I wouldn't worry too much, might be an idea though to swap that curry and tinto for a salad and a diet coke

PS since I had my meds I have put some back on, but hey, who gives a toss now.

Last edited by The S's; Feb 18th 2006 at 11:11 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The S's
My wife is -9 in one eye and -8 in the other and she had no problem. The thing that they seem to be stamping down on is us big fat Brits. We are overweight and this coming up more and more on this site. There has been a thread "dieting for oz" on this site for months now. I think everyone on here is starting to be aware of how chunky we are and I think this kick up the arse on the meds is scary.

My Wife and I where both overweight when we started the process and we made an effort to try and lose some timber so this didn't show up on our meds. We heard a story on here of a man who was 5'9" and 14 stone and was classed as cat B because of this. Shit myself, lost 3 stone and all went ok, even though I am still a bit chunky. Happy I did it though as I feel better and I think it showed that I am serious about this migration business. Wife lost 2 stone and looks hot as hell too (5'7" and 8.5 Stone GGGRRRRR).

I wouldn't worry too much, might be an idea though to swap that curry and tinto for a salad and a diet coke
Need something a bit more drastic than that - meds on Tuesday!!!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Need something a bit more drastic than that - meds on Tuesday!!!
I really wouldn't worry about the meds. My wife and I shit ourselves over it and it was really quite a positive experience. We both drink far to much, eat shite on a regular basis. I am 5'8" and 13 stone, no probs. Apart from the fact my wife wanted an affair with the doc (DR Carter Handworth Wood) it all went well.
All except coughing up nearly £600 at the end.

I really wouldn't worry, it a waste of energy, what will be will be.

Sean
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:22 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

What did say at the end though?
I went to the same lovely doctor and although over weight and blood pressure a bit up and that he could tell I was a smoker after listening to my chest He still said that there would be no problems.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:34 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

we went to Heathrow and we had our weight, they ask you your height, then you do the wee - which they tested. go into the doctor, does eyesight, ears, checks eyes then looks down your throat.

then strip off, sat on couch - reflexes, BP, listened to chest and back, then felt around stomach. then took blood
Yep ours was the same only never checked our throats but she was full of the cold and trying not to get too close to us. We could even have lied about our weight as she stayed at her desk and asked us to stand on the scales at the other side of the room and tell her what they said!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:35 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Im sure you will be fine! Ive got mine to come! The missus is being sick due to too much vodka hehe.
Best wishes,
Rachel & Paul