Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just had medicals - Help

Just had medicals - Help

Old Sep 30th 2002, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just had medicals - Help

We have just had our medicals and chest X Rays today. Have got a bit tired of waiting so have just gone ahead and had them ( applied 1 /08 /2001 )

The doctor has told my husband he has a slight heart murmer on his right side ( he knew nothing about this)

Does anyone know if this will have an impact on our application ?

Thanks

Amanda
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just had medicals - Help

The doctor has told my husband he has a slight heart murmer on his right side ( he knew nothing about this)

Felt sorry for you because no one has answered your query yet, and I know exactly how you're feeling right now! My family of 4 just had all medicals/chest x-rays done for NZ, and everything fine... EXCEPT, my chest x-ray is 'abnormal' (mild hyperinflation), and I have no idea whether or not this might result in a denial of our appl. I do know that any 'abnormal' x-ray must be sent to NZ to be looked at by radiologist, which takes atleast 4-5 weeks I was told by NZ embassy.

I think however that your case may be less problematic, from reading through previous messages/replies on this forum (look through the August 2002 messages and you'll find at least one that specifically addresses heart murmur. I haven't looked any further back than August)

Please do post a message if and when you have a sure answer on this...

Good Luck!
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mandandbri:
We have just had our medicals and chest X Rays today. Have got a bit tired of waiting so have just gone ahead and had them ( applied 1 /08 /2001 )

Thanks

Amanda

Hi Amanda,
A murmer is normally insignificant and shouldn't cause any problem with your application. I remember being told the same thing at a medical years ago. (When I was reading your post a cardiologist friend was having coffee in my office and he agrees it is nothing to worry about)

Susan
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 8:30 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

We had medicals recently for NZ.
We already knew before we went that our 4yr old daughter has a heart murmur. Apparently hers is one which sounds sinister but is in fact innocent. We know this because 12mths ago we were given an urgent appointment at B'ham Childrens Hosp for a detailed heart scan having been told that they thought she had a hole in her heart! Thank god it was a false alarm.
So we took a copy of the letter the cardiologist had sent our GP stating his findings. The doctor who did the medical confirmed it is innocent on the medical forms and we sent the copy letter with the forms.
We had no come back from the medicals and our visas have been approved. When it comes to heart murmurs I feel that as long as its innocent, you take no medication and it does not in any way affect your life then there is no problem.

Hope this reassures you

Paula

PS sorry I didn't reply sooner things are a bit hectic here (we go on 5/11/02)
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 8:51 am
Just Joined

romantic_knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mandandbri:

Thanks

Amanda
Hi Amanda,
dont worry,it wont impact on your Application.