Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just fainted after 1st removal quote

Wikiposts

just fainted after 1st removal quote

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: just fainted after 1st removal quote

Originally Posted by AlanEll
Can i be nosy and ask who you opted for?? We think we will go with Doree Bonner but have still to have Masons out. The guy from Bonner was fab tho, very informative. Thanks in advance

Tracy & Alan
We are going with Doree Bonner too when we eventually move - their quote for where we're going was cheapest out of quotes we got and we thought the guy was great too when he came round.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:15 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Well - now for my tuppence worth ...

Had one out out on Mon and he quoted us as having 950 cubic feet - which would cost us £3945 + £1000 ins Sole container!
Another came today and said we have 750 cubic feet (same stuff as before ) and we will have that quote tomorrow.
Two more coming later in the week.
Mind you, the first guy came across as more knowledgeable whereas today's seemed to be a bit 'edgy'!

B***** confusing nightmare already - and yet to decide whether we ship the lot or just small amount of personal bits (getting quotes for both options!)
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by travelbug
We are going with Doree Bonner too when we eventually move - their quote for where we're going was cheapest out of quotes we got and we thought the guy was great too when he came round.
Yeh very professional we found. And their insurance sounds up to scratch too. When do you hope to move? We only got our visas granted this week but it makes it all the more real aaahh!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:06 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shella_n
that one was from Anglo Pacific, im still waiting for PSS's to arrive and I called Crown to get a quote but they haventr got back to me yet so wont be using them. Any other suggestions welcome.
I used Anglo Pacific. They are very good and were one of the more reasonably priced shippers. My stuff arrived on time and in perfect condition.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shella_n
Hi
Well just got the first one. For a 20ft container to Adelaide they have quoted £4400!!

This is way more than I expected and from what I read on here I was expecting it to be around £3200 - £3600. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Michelle
Check what it includes too. Most exclude the AQIS (quarantee inspection) and some other parts in Oz, like delivery to within a very limited range of teh port of discharge. Ours 2 1/2 years ago from Davis Turner was £4,500...but it included EVERYTHING.

Will also depend if they are direct shipping from UK to Oz or transhipping via Singapore or somewhere. Transhipping takes longer (can be around 4 weeks more) for your stuff to come and more chance of damage/theft at the transhippment point...but is much cheaper.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

We paid £3400 for sole use of a 20ft container with John Mason Jan 09. They were excellent
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Haggle. That'll get your price down. We had all the firms round and eventually agreed on 600 cu ft. Best price was £3k all in (inc £17k insurance). This was just a week ago so can see prices are maybe going up. I couldn't get any cheaper as I haggled like a mo fo

Gordon at Doree Bonner was far and away the best guy we dealt with. Crown were good too. The rest weren't up to much - John Mason too dear, heard bad things about Anglo and PSS didn't bother to turn up but just said they'd price match anyone.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AlanEll
Yeh very professional we found. And their insurance sounds up to scratch too. When do you hope to move? We only got our visas granted this week but it makes it all the more real aaahh!

Hi there, congrats on the visa grants this week! All a reality now for you then!
We have had our visa's since April 2007, validated in November 2007 but since Jan 08 we had no success selling our house - and got so frustrated at times we took it off the market 3 times - so we've been unfortunate to have had to pay out for two HIP's. Anyway, we thought we'd sold - accepted offer 7th Jan, but buyers have played games and @ last week we were back on the market again. Orig buyers have since made a further offer (tried to drop quite substantially from their orig offer), and we have refused - so it's gone quiet last couple of days...but we have 5 viewings booked - starting with some today - so we are not overly worried. If all had been ok we were planning to leave UK mid-April - but looks like it might be May/June now...
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

shella_n is an unknown quantity at this point

got another quote today £3900 for 1050 cu ft (plus £75 for a box for our plasma) and the original was £4400 for 850 cu ft - same stuff so how did one company come up with an extra 200 cu ft? Doesnt matter though I guess seen as they were cheaper.

Have got 2 more people coming round (crown and Doree) and will haggle from there.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about

We had Doree Bonner come pack up all our stuff and take it to storage ready for us to tell them when to ship, but then due to unforseen circumstances we have had to rent somewhere for 6 months and got all our stuff back again.

Anyway, we found them really good, the guy who gave us the quote was by far the most informative and the guys who came to pack were brilliant, they even double checked that I didn't want the Xmas pressies packed (it was Dec 22nd when they came)! We will definitely be using them again when we do finally make the move, as they have been really helpful and accommodating with all our messing about.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:02 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

We have Doree Bonner coming tomorrow morning - after all these positive comments, I am keen to see how they compare with the other two we've already had
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myrtle1
We have Doree Bonner coming tomorrow morning - after all these positive comments, I am keen to see how they compare with the other two we've already had
Don't disappoint us!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Don't disappoint us!
Had two round up 'till now - and I can tell you, DB don't have a lot of competition so far
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:23 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Don't disappoint us!
If it's any consolation to you A, a 40ft is generally nowhere near as expensive as 2 X 20ft
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
If it's any consolation to you A, a 40ft is generally nowhere near as expensive as 2 X 20ft
Where do you live exactly?

London, Western Province, EUSSR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.