Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just fainted after 1st removal quote

just fainted after 1st removal quote

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: just fainted after 1st removal quote

Originally Posted by shella_n
Hi
Well just got the first one. For a 20ft container to Adelaide they have quoted £4400!!

This is way more than I expected and from what I read on here I was expecting it to be around £3200 - £3600. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Michelle
Get some more quotes and grind them down. We paid ~£2,160 for half a container to Adelaide and about £400 for air freight.

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:48 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all
Default Re: just fainted after 1st removal quote

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Get some more quotes and grind them down. We paid ~£2,160 for half a container to Adelaide and about £400 for air freight.

How long ago??

I paid 2200 pounds 12 months ago for a 40ft shared use. That would probably equate to $1300 more at present!!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

My 20ft sole use container sails today and I paid £3200 with Fox removals and storage. I had this quote last year and had them back in February to double check and confirm price. The guy did try it on that shipping costs were going up and I had to pay an extra £200 if it did not sail before March. told him to shove it as it was too early and I would go elsewhere as all along there was no problems until I was ready to do deal. He soon came round. my advice is not to give in and try and haggle and bargain. they probably need the business as much as we need them. Got cheap insurance and easy to set up with an online company called http://insure-your-move.com/
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

If it helps any, we had quotes ranging from £3200 to £4200 but saying that their estimates on volume also varied that much.

We are going for the one in the middle as we got a good vibe from the guy and he answered the million questions we fired at him with ease and confidence.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Yes forgot to mention my quotes ranged from £3200 to £4000
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

shella_n is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyp
My 20ft sole use container sails today and I paid £3200 with Fox removals and storage. I had this quote last year and had them back in February to double check and confirm price. The guy did try it on that shipping costs were going up and I had to pay an extra £200 if it did not sail before March. told him to shove it as it was too early and I would go elsewhere as all along there was no problems until I was ready to do deal. He soon came round. my advice is not to give in and try and haggle and bargain. they probably need the business as much as we need them. Got cheap insurance and easy to set up with an online company called http://insure-your-move.com/
just had a look on the FOx website and they seem to give you options to do the packing yourself. Did they do the packing and supply the boxes etc for the quite that you had?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by garyp
Got cheap insurance and easy to set up with an online company called http://insure-your-move.com/
Hey thanks for that link. Was just about to book our insurance with Letton Percival tomorrow and had a look at that link. They have no excess if you use firms registered with BAR which we are doing. They are about the same price as LP too so good value.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Zenshin
If it helps any, we had quotes ranging from £3200 to £4200 but saying that their estimates on volume also varied that much.

We are going for the one in the middle as we got a good vibe from the guy and he answered the million questions we fired at him with ease and confidence.
Can i be nosy and ask who you opted for?? We think we will go with Doree Bonner but have still to have Masons out. The guy from Bonner was fab tho, very informative. Thanks in advance

Tracy & Alan
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: just fainted after 1st removal quote

Originally Posted by swigski
How long ago??
We paid that price in October 2009 for door to door service with Allied Pickfords. We bought insurance from Letton Percival.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 3rd 2010 at 4:13 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah no problem. It was down to Allied Pickfords and Robinsons as our final 2 choices. I have used Allied before when we moved from Oz to the Uk and I have had recent recommendations for Robinsons. In the end, Robinsons were £300 cheaper and the guy quoting and all correspondence with them has been great. I know the guy from Allied tried very hard to get our business and was quite professional but it came down to who we felt most comfortable with. Fingers crossed our gut feeling is right.

They come on Monday
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Try Whites we got them in a while back but due to problems we had to put the move over to Oz on hold and at that time we were quoted £2500 for a 20 foot container sole use.

I just hope when we get them back out its not going to bump up to £4500 then
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Hi
Well just got the first one. For a 20ft container to Adelaide they have quoted £4400!!

This is way more than I expected and from what I read on here I was expecting it to be around £3200 - £3600. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Michelle
I have had 7 quotes with prices between £3400 to £5000! But when they all called me (and they will call you!) All of them came down in price. I would suggest that you wait till you have a few and then you can go back to them to barter a bit. We leave in 5 weeks, so that is what i'm going to be doing this week, oh the glamour of it all!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

just had a look on the FOx website and they seem to give you options to do the packing yourself. Did they do the packing and supply the boxes etc for the quite that you had?
THey did everything I just made the tea
http://www.fox-moving.com/index.php
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:56 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

that one was from Anglo Pacific, im still waiting for PSS's to arrive and I called Crown to get a quote but they haventr got back to me yet so wont be using them. Any other suggestions welcome.
I've seen www.migrateglobal.com mentioned on one of the threads on here, if we ever sell our house I will be getting quotes from them. Good luck
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:18 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Had a quote from Anglo Pacific for £3500 for a sole use if we needed it (we don't) to Brisbane, they quoted £3300 for 660cu/ft which isn't even a full container.

Also had quote of £2500 for 550cu/ft from PSS

Still waiting on Crown, they said 550cu/ft was about right but have told them what we've been quoted from PSS, and as far as insurance goes if they can't match Letton's % rate then don't even bother quoting. We'll wait and see what happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.