Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just coming for the experience???

just coming for the experience???

Old Jul 6th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default Re: just coming for the experience???

thanks for all this reassurance....

discussing it all over a glass of Australain white (cheaper here than there - good ole Tescos!!) it looks like we will sign and accept the job

very excited but obviously apprehensive- we know noone in Oz!!!!

Parents did not wish to know if or when we are going..... so I guess they may find out somehow!!!! unfortunately my parents travel all over the world twice a year (business class) and will regularly skype/video conference us when they do so...so those are not the issues preventing them from staying in touch- my Mum just cant handle her emotions... a very sad situation....

role on 3 months for husband's resignation period then here we come- hopefully be in our own place for christmas...

what do we do next?????
Old Jul 6th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

jayne3411 is on a distinguished road

Good luck and hopefully it will all work out, I envy you really We have our business via's and should be there now, but just too chicken. Not sure if doing the right thing, kids are older, don't want to fail, don't want to lose all the money? Maybe we'll go, maybe i'll pluck up the courage or twenty years time being saying

What if ????????????????

best of luck
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Bod864 will become famous soon enough

If it's something you want to try, go for it I say, life's not a rehearsal!

We had some issues when we told my wives parents our plans, bit of the ostrich syndrome. That's all changed now we've made the move, they're being really supportive, picking us up when we're down.

Remember it doesn't have to be forever. We've said we're going to try it for 2 years and see how we go after that. So far only 4 months in and not doing too bad, found work, house, schools etc and even started making new friends . We have good days and bad ones, but the experience for the whole family is fantastic, you really find things out about yourself that you never knew!