Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just arrived in perth :)

just arrived in perth :)

Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:09 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default just arrived in perth :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

Just wanted to say hi finally arrived in Perth on Monday, staying in Leeming in a rental at the mo for 4 weeks and currently looking at areas to maybe buy in. We are on a limited budget like us all but so wish i could afford Mindarie marina or city beach!!!!! Rich already been offered a job in Wangara, any thoughts on surrounding areas to buy in? cant really go much over $350....saw a place in Kallaroo whats that like??? anyway hope your all well. Did look at rockingham by the way but dont like looking at that blue industrial bit from the beach! any areas along there where you cant see it from? my daughter liked it there! i love freo to.......sure im meant to be a very rich person

thanks again
Dawn xxx
Old Jul 1st 2006, 7:57 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just arrived in perth :)

Hi Dawn

Welcome to Perth
If hubby is working in Wangara - have you tried Ellenbrook?
My hubby is based in Wangara too - when he's not on site in Albany!
It's a ten minute drive.
If you've not been up this way yet (and I'm sure you haven't if you've only just arrived) - have a drive round and look at the prices - you might be pleasantly suprised!
Let me know if you need any help!

Tracey
Old Jul 1st 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Kallaroo is good, if hubby is working at Wangara have a look at Pearsall/Hocking/Tapping/Wanneroo.
there are still some bargains out there, if you have a good look!
Old Jul 1st 2006, 8:40 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dawn

It may be a good idea to be within easy reach of Joondalup for the girls, there will be more for them to do there.

Clarkson, Ridgewood or Merriwa will be around 20 mins to Wangara and the train runs from Clarkson station to Joondalup, Carramar may be out of your price range but Banksia Grove would be worth a look, or else Wanneroo itself although some parts of Wanneroo are better than others so have a good look around. Public transport isn't that good from Carramar and Banksia Grove aparantly, i know someone who lives there and she recons on hardly any buses on a sunday. Any ofthe areas off wanneroo rd would be good too, newer areas that is.

If you are quick you should be able to find something nice in your budget.

Lynn
Old Jul 1st 2006, 9:07 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Public transport isn't that good from Carramar and Banksia Grove aparantly
It is going to improve though. We have been to the last 2 residents' meetings and the council have more buses high on their list (and the council actually makes things happen over here).
Old Jul 1st 2006, 10:34 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck Dawn & family x

Donna.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:13 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dawn

Just wanted to say hi finally arrived in Perth on Monday, staying in Leeming in a rental at the mo for 4 weeks and currently looking at areas to maybe buy in. We are on a limited budget like us all but so wish i could afford Mindarie marina or city beach!!!!! Rich already been offered a job in Wangara, any thoughts on surrounding areas to buy in? cant really go much over $350....saw a place in Kallaroo whats that like??? anyway hope your all well. Did look at rockingham by the way but dont like looking at that blue industrial bit from the beach! any areas along there where you cant see it from? my daughter liked it there! i love freo to.......sure im meant to be a very rich person

thanks again
Dawn xxx
Hi Dawn welcome to perth, in answer to your question re the industrial bit- yes! go to port kennedy its in the next bay down from Rocky, just 5 mins drive down the road and you would have no idea its there at all
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dawn

Welcome to Perth - we've been here 2 weeks.

Regarding buying a house - go to a few real estate agents and ask them to recommend mortgage broker. Then phone up a few mortgage brokers to find out exactly what you can borrow. We were pleasantly surprised that we could borrow more than what we though orginally. See if you can get a mortgage approved in principal as this will help a lot when you actually put in an offer on a house.

Good luck and happy house hunting.

Originally Posted by Dawn

thanks again
Dawn xxx
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

dave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the rough

Good luck to you Dawn. We have put our property up for sales in KL and hopefully will be able to settle down in Perth by Q1 2007. I am still very hopeful of meeting the deadline.... Dave
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:29 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Dawn , welcome to Australia

It used to take me 20mins from Clarkson to Wangara each day , no real traffic issues !
Take a good look round at the areas Then get off to some home opens that will give you an idea of what you get for your $$$$ $350k should get you something nice.
Good luck
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 10:24 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Ahh thank you will do

xx

Originally Posted by Perthforme
HI Dawn , welcome to Australia

It used to take me 20mins from Clarkson to Wangara each day , no real traffic issues !
Take a good look round at the areas Then get off to some home opens that will give you an idea of what you get for your $$$$ $350k should get you something nice.
Good luck