Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it just Adelaide?

Is it just Adelaide?

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it just Adelaide?

Originally Posted by busterboy
I'll bring some over with me for you....you should be able to sell them at a good price over there, what with all the depressed people, they should reach a premium.
PMSL . Maybe we could set up a company similar to Avon and go knocking on peoples doors... Ding Dong.. Anti depressants calling
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:08 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christinabell
PMSL . Maybe we could set up a company similar to Avon and go knocking on peoples doors... Ding Dong.. Anti depressants calling
ding dong Prozac calling
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:09 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

advert begins.....'is the price of bananas getting YOU down....?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
advert begins.....'is the price of bananas getting YOU down....?
Oh my god. Thats it !! Thats why we are on anti depressants. Its all because of the bananas LOL
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:12 am
A rather curious boy

Oh my god. Thats it !! Thats why we are on anti depressants. Its all because of the bananas LOL
...a banana a day keeps the doctor away!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:45 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
Australians are only telling you because a fair percentage are doped up on anti 'depressants to get them through each mind numbing day .
What complete rubbish. According to the World Health Organisation anti depressants are prescribed in UK far more than Australia pro rata. Probably more need them to get through each miserable day in an overpopulated melting pot of social disaster. Maybe you should lay off yours a while and perhaps the cinisism disorder will be eased ?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly say I haven't read so much complete and utter bow lox for a long long time. Get a grip people
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:55 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
So the country can only have happy and contented little citizens that have to like every shitty thing about it with no complaints allowed because it is the lucky country, the best country in the world. It must be true because the Australians keep telling me it is.
Actually I think it is the best country in the world for me and my family. Its clearly not for you. I think your hundreds of posts moaning about every facet of Australian life that has the misfortune of crossing your path established that some time ago.

However, as much as we can accept that you hate Australia, you should realise that some of us love it. You dont have to agree with my viewpoint since I certainly dont agree with yours. The only difference is I voted with my feet on the issue and left the country that exasperated me.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I can honestly say I haven't read so much complete and utter bow lox for a long long time. Get a grip people
Oh of course you have! Remember the last thread that turned into the Australia is awesome / UK is crap - or was it the other way around ? I forget...must be the drugs
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:23 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
OK, I will.

I used to wear thongs when I was a kid, but I don't anymore. I also used to go barefoot quite a lot, but these days I'm only barefoot around the house.

One of the things I miss about Australia now that I'm living in the UK, is going to the supermarket in the evening and seeing kiddies in their pyjamas and dressing gowns, out for the late night shopping with mum and dad.
I still go barefoot mate, Just not walking down the street. In the car, at the Gas station and at the boat ramp but not the high street - but give me a heat wave and I might go back to my old ways
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:55 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Only time I feel a need to reach for the anti-depressents is when I read the bigotted shite spouted by some of the stuck-up nonentities on this forum.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:15 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Hutch
Only time I feel a need to reach for the anti-depressents is when I read the bigotted shite spouted by some of the stuck-up nonentities on this forum.

Gee, in the mood for mincing your words Hutch??
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

85% is a pretty specific figure. I'd be interested to know how you arrived at it.

No, but I can confirm that it is the same all over the West Midlands.

Vash you're an Aussie how can you possibly comment on anyones fashion tastes lol

The late 70's are all the rage in Aus, only thing is, this has been going on for decades
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 7:40 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

85% is a pretty specific figure. I'd be interested to know how you arrived at it.

No, but I can confirm that it is the same all over the West Midlands.
Vash!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?

The late 70's are all the rage in Aus, only thing is, this has been going on for decades
What you mean unlike the UK 70's style fashion

Yep, these little beauties are in this years Grattan catalogue

Last edited by Wendy; Sep 24th 2006 at 3:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.