Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it just Adelaide?

Is it just Adelaide?

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:06 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it just Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Desire
Grayling your right in what you say, in the city it's a different story. (very smart.)
I knew i would get criticism for asking the question. It's just seems that other Oz states take the micky out of Adelaide.
I have never been anywhere else in Oz and was just wondering if this was one of the factors?
wait till you get upto Queensland and see 50yr old males walking around shopping centres in tank tops and Budgie Smugglers ............ mm
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
wait till you get upto Queensland and see 50yr old males walking around shopping centres in tank tops and Budgie Smugglers ............ mm
Do u mind ? Im trying to eat my breakfast !! lol
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:09 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
It is a different story in the CBD's of most major cities.

Suits and ties are 'de rigeur' in many businesses.

Don't kid yourselves that there is not a 'fashion culture' in Australia.

It depends on which circles you mix in.

G
True there is a fashion culture ,The SLOB .
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:14 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
85% is a pretty specific figure. I'd be interested to know how you arrived at it.

No, but I can confirm that it is the same all over the West Midlands.
i found the people reasonable dressed when i was there last year ,and seemed to make a effort .There isnt nothing wrong with looking like a slob ,but a lot of it is just for comfort here in the hot sun ,the clothes have to be loose fitting so it doesnt chaf against the bed sores and rolls of fat,the bigger the bettter to allow for extra portions of chips,pies,coke ,coffee milk .
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mr mover
What are budgie smugglers ?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
What are budgie smugglers ?
Speedo's like those the professional lifeguards and swimmers wear that dont leave much to the imagination.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 1:00 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Look, I will admit to this....I have dropped my son off to school while still wearing my p.j's!

I do draw the line at actually getting out of the car though!!

I am used to seeing folk with barefeet now. But one thing I have noticed is a lot of Aussies have 'hammer-toes' from wearing thongs so much as kids and having to cling onto them with their toes. Have a look at their toes....see what you think.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by christinabell
Speedo's like those the professional lifeguards and swimmers wear that dont leave much to the imagination.
revolting
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Look, I will admit to this....I have dropped my son off to school while still wearing my p.j's!

I do draw the line at actually getting out of the car though!!

I am used to seeing folk with barefeet now. But one thing I have noticed is a lot of Aussies have 'hammer-toes' from wearing thongs so much as kids and having to cling onto them with their toes. Have a look at their toes....see what you think.
ive seen afew with 7 or 8 toes on each foot ,not to mention well bitten toe nails
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:03 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

True there is a fashion culture ,The SLOB .
No worse that the UK when the sun shines. I saw some truly horrific sights walking around, letting it all hang out, when we had that really hot spell for a couple of weeks in the Summer. Sun comes out, so do the white lardy bellies!

Nicky
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

ive seen afew with 7 or 8 toes on each foot ,not to mention well bitten toe nails
]
NOW I feel ill.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
]
NOW I feel ill.

Don't worry, I've not seen any

YET :scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

rightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Desire
I have noticed since i have been here (15 months) that about 85% of people don't worry about their dress sense/ weight etc. I know i shall get a lot of criticism from this, but it's just my view. Is it the same all over Oz?
It's definitely the same here in Queensland, crusty feet and lardies.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Wendy]Don't worry, I've not seen any

as u know wendy about my situation and Yunta..ill probably see a lot more of shoesless people there..lol

will just have to keep my eyes averted somehow!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1

as u know wendy about my situation and Yunta..ill probably see a lot more of shoesless people there..lol

will just have to keep my eyes averted somehow!

Just look straight up, you'll be fine then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.