Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

jumping through hoops and ticking time

jumping through hoops and ticking time

Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jumping through hoops and ticking time

does anyone esle feel like this, i feel like my life has been on hold forever, my fate has been in the hands of other people for so long now, first getting the visa (with hindsight the easy bit) now it is with people who may buy the house, i cant make plans (all the good jobs have now come onto the market now i am leaving) and there is this morose atmosphere with family, its like waiting for a bereavement in some ways

as this thread is going you can see i am in probably in a blue mood and need cheering up, sick of people saying "are you off soon" the sooner the better, have had 1 viewer round so far (only been on the market a week but sods law other houses have gone up for sale in the same road but cheeper:scared: :scared: )

need inspiration and a bit of moral support

arlene
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jumping through hoops and ticking time

Originally posted by arlene
does anyone esle feel like this, i feel like my life has been on hold forever, my fate has been in the hands of other people for so long now, first getting the visa (with hindsight the easy bit) now it is with people who may buy the house, i cant make plans (all the good jobs have now come onto the market now i am leaving) and there is this morose atmosphere with family, its like waiting for a bereavement in some ways

as this thread is going you can see i am in probably in a blue mood and need cheering up, sick of people saying "are you off soon" the sooner the better, have had 1 viewer round so far (only been on the market a week but sods law other houses have gone up for sale in the same road but cheeper:scared: :scared: )

arlene
Arlene,

Some words of wisdom:

There were 2 lions walking down the high street and one said to the other "not many people about are there ?"
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:27 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Bix
Arlene,

Some words of wisdom:

There were 2 lions walking down the high street and one said to the other "not many people about are there ?"

and the moral of the story is ?

Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
and the moral of the story is ?
No moral.

Just wanted to give Arlene a change of thought pattern to help get over the blues.

But on second thoughts would you walk down the high street if there were 2 lions there ?
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:48 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by arlene

arlene
hi arlene
sorry to hear you are feeling so fed up.
I know how you feel in a way.....its the ''limbo'' feeling and you just wish you could get on the plane tomorrow and to hell with it all!!!!
Hang in there girl...wont be long now...!

sue

Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:27 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Hit a bump in the road, eh?

Hang on in there - you have come this far and overcome bumps before and this is no different.

Pour youself a glass of wine, open a box of choccies and put a good film on and forget about it for a bit, as much as you can.

Something with a hunky guy in it always helps me!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

feeling better now had the usual woman stuff few glasses of vino and a few choccies and life seems more rosier now

thanks everyone

arlene