Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you had the packers in??

Have you had the packers in??

Old Jan 15th 2004, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Have you had the packers in??

O.K.
It's finally happened.......the house contracts exchanged yesterday
PSS booked for 27th,28th and 29th Jan...............
now, as some of you may know, my wife and daughter went to Oz in November while I stayed to sort out the house sale from hell !!

The thing is........what do I do to get ready for the packers???
Obviously, all the garden stuff/tools are washed ,disinfected or painted but should I be arranging stuff in piles around the house or just leave it in the cupboards for the guys who come to wrap?

Mr Mover.....where are you when I need you???????
Old Jan 15th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have you had the packers in??

Hi Rossi,

We are in the same boat as you, house finally exhanged on Thursday afternoon last week after 7 months. PSS are booked and come in on 26th and 27th. Complete house on 30th. All I am sorting is the clothes that we will all need with us for the next few months, and any paperwork we may need. We don't have the visas yet, so it's a bit more difficult for us. We have to carry on living out of suitcases here for a while!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

House was originally sold at Easter :scared: :scared:
It's taken til now for them to sort out the mortgage !!
If your buyers have a mortgage offer from GMAC be wary, the only test that they haven't asked for is Carbon dating !!

We got our visa's at the end of July and due to family illness in Australia, we decided it was best if Linda and Kay went over there, with me left to sort out the sale, which also completes 12 o'clock on the 30th...........Flight booked for 22:15 on the 30th..........please, if there is a God........no more screw ups!!

Suitcases have been packed, ready to go, since November
Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Rossi,

Hope everything goes well! I'll be thinking of you when I'm sitting in my empty house, I'll let you know how the packers get on!

Where are you off too?

Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Awwwww,
C'mon you guys...................help me out

What I got to do?????
Old Jan 16th 2004, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Rossi
Awwwww,
C'mon you guys...................help me out

What I got to do?????

The only things we did before the packers came was get rid of things we didn't want, put everything that you are taking with you way out of the way of packers!!! they got to our birth and marriage certificates before we did!!!!!! other than that let them get on with it, all garden stuff should be really clean, thats all we did.

hope this helps
Yve
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've also heard of people who had their container delivered in Oz and wondered why everything had a strange smell....only to discover that the packers had packed all the kitchen rubbish - old food etc! Yuk!!!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removals preperations

Wondered the same thing. The guy from John Mason say they take our Wooden bed apart, and make sure i jet wash the bikes and lawn mower.
Will they take the computer table down?
They were the first people round so never thought to ask, do they sort the washing machine(brackets and stuff)? how do they prevent the fridge freezer becoming a "mass mould" science project?
No i wasn't prepared
Any answers greatfully received.
Cheers
Phil
Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:42 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

DEFROST THE FRIDGE FREEZER BEFORE THEY COME :scared:

Doesn't bear thinking about otherwise!!

Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

is pss the most favuorite packer here, we have decided to go with them as they are the cheapest also the chappie was a nice person who seemed to understand what this process was about also when he came round mentioned the ex pats site and how people are being quoted for 2800 for a full container (his quote was originally 3200) low and behold got a letter from them quoting 2800 great to see expats working in our favour

arlene