Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

jumping through hoops!!!

jumping through hoops!!!

Old Nov 29th 2003, 12:20 pm
WBB

Default jumping through hoops!!!

as some of you may know i sent off my application for a defacto spouse visa last monday, this morning i got a letter from aussie house asking for more information.

they want some character reference's as i have a couple of criminal convictions from my teenage years, and they also want to see proof that the 2 kids are australian citizens (by descent).

i froze for a while when i seen the letter on the doormat this morning, i thought it was my turn to post a "got it", oh well i will jump through these hoops and hopefully things will be ok, although this has probably put a block on us getting a yes/no by xmas which is what we were hoping for.

will keep you up to date on any breaking news

Old Nov 29th 2003, 12:26 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: jumping through hoops!!!

Hiya welshboybilly,
did you declare the convictions on the forms?

I think you may have changed by now, your picture isn't that of a teenager.

Just a few more hoops for you to jump through then.
Hope it goes well.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 29th 2003, 12:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by markeh
Hiya welshboybilly,
did you declare the convictions on the forms?

I think you may have changed by now, your picture isn't that of a teenager.

Just a few more hoops for you to jump through then.
Hope it goes well.

Bye
Markeh

yeah convictions were declared and obviously my police check verified them as such.

this waiting game is just so horrid, i cannot begin to imagine how the people in the skilled stream manage?????

Old Nov 29th 2003, 1:09 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Its awfull when you get asked to provide more imformation when you a provided so much already .... when it happened to us for our nz pr I was really fed up. But you just send the stuff and keep hoping, at least it means they are actually looking at you application
Old Nov 29th 2003, 1:44 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Let's hope this is all you need to do to get your visa. Who are you getting to provide the character references then? Presumably it won't be too much hassle.

And all this because of an indiscretion or two with a perfectly willing woolly friend in your youth eh?

Good luck mate.
Old Nov 29th 2003, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

this waiting game is just so horrid, i cannot begin to imagine how the people in the skilled stream manage????? [/QUOTE]

Its a nightmare to say the least! i keep thinking of coming milestones, ie. christmas, new year, hubby's birthday, our anniversary, birth of first grandchild, my birthday, daughters birthday in September, then christmas again!!!
regards and good luck
rach & family
Old Nov 29th 2003, 7:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Billy,
Hope you have some impressive people to write the references - try for coppers or solicitors, or a local vicar?
At least they didn't turn you down outright - I guess this is a good sign!
Good luck!
Old Nov 29th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

just to say good luck and you'll be able to do your "got it" post soon, keep your chin up, these things are sent to try us
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:05 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi welshboybilly,

I was just wondering because I believe that in the UK they wipe off the convictions after so long, where as the USA don't.

The waiting is the worst bit.

Best of luck Billy
Markeh
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:40 pm
WBB

Hi welshboybilly,

I was just wondering because I believe that in the UK they wipe off the convictions after so long, where as the USA don't.

The waiting is the worst bit.

Best of luck Billy
Markeh
i think you may be right on the wiping the slate clean thing, but you still have to declare all conviction's and hope for the best.

i think the same would be true of an american emigrating to aus.

you are dead right about the waiting bit.....now the application has gone it seems worse than ever, cannot concentrate at work and seem to be boring everyone i meet about the big adventure ahead.

Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:43 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi Billy,
Hope you have some impressive people to write the references - try for coppers or solicitors, or a local vicar?
At least they didn't turn you down outright - I guess this is a good sign!
Good luck!

cheers's polly...you have just given me an excellent idea......the local vicar (who lives about 30 seconds away) is going to have me at his door monday morning.

Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

WBB. You have done the right thing and the request for more information is to be expected and probably a good sign. They have not rejected you.

I am not sure where you go but I guess employment references since your misdemeanours are your first go. They would show that you have been a productive member of society.

Good luck
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:56 pm
Happy Daddy

Hiya welshboybilly,

I think they are just pulling your chain with it.
My police check said i didn't exist, or to that affect.

Priest, preachers, teachers and engineers should be good for references.

Billy, won't you be seing the vicar tomorrow?

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 29th 2003, 10:01 pm
WBB

Billy, won't you be seing the vicar tomorrow?

i would normally be at church tomorrow but i have to do a 12 hour shift at work..............come to think of it will the vicar give me a reference considering i have never ever been to church in my life???

he does know me through living in close proximity, but that is about the extent of it.

Old Nov 29th 2003, 10:04 pm
Happy Daddy

Hiya welshboybilly,

he knows you very well, they are always talking about that bloke hwo lives a few doors away in church.

He feels he knows you

Markeh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.