Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

jumping through hoops!!!

jumping through hoops!!!

Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:40 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: jumping through hoops!!!

Originally posted by welshboybilly
will let you know how things go, but with xmas coming up i'm not sure we will be able to get this sorted this side of the new year, what with working 12 hour shift's and 2 young kid's.....

anyone know what the score is over xmas with ahc london?

are they open normal office hour's?
Nope I dont know but i will watch n listen...and if I hear anything as regards what I have sent in I'll let you know...just out of interest /curiosity

n I dont know how to spell curiosity...think that gets me banned also...?
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:08 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya WWB

Yup ask headteacher, at the end of the day he knows your family and your values. It doesn't really matter how long you have met for as he knows your children he is able to say whether you are of good character by the way your kids are being raised. If they are total brats and have no consideration for others and authority and you go along with this then he knows that you will be the same. If however they are total brats and you support the school in their actions to educate/discipline them then you are considered to be of good character. Hopefully any meetings that you have had with the head have been good ones. At the end of the day you will get to see the reference so can bin it if you don't like it. Go for it.

Sarah
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:16 pm
WBB

Originally posted by teach
Hiya WWB

Yup ask headteacher, at the end of the day he knows your family and your values. It doesn't really matter how long you have met for as he knows your children he is able to say whether you are of good character by the way your kids are being raised. If they are total brats and have no consideration for others and authority and you go along with this then he knows that you will be the same. If however they are total brats and you support the school in their actions to educate/discipline them then you are considered to be of good character. Hopefully any meetings that you have had with the head have been good ones. At the end of the day you will get to see the reference so can bin it if you don't like it. Go for it.

Sarah

i think i will ask the headteacher, the way you have put it here has helped me make up my mind.

the fact my kids are little angels at school can only help.

cheers

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:27 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

If you don't ask you don't get and if like say your kids are angels the reference should be glowing.
Take care

sarah
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:34 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

WBB if you want your visa you must try and get every reference you can think of. As was pointed out you can always bin the bad ones and nothing will have been lost.

I did one for my cousin years ago when he sponsored his Australian wife. I scared him him with the first one which implied he was a crack whore rent boy. The serious one was worth it though.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:11 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
WBB if you want your visa you must try and get every reference you can think of. As was pointed out you can always bin the bad ones and nothing will have been lost.

how many do you think would be optimal, without overkill?

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:16 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
how many do you think would be optimal, without overkill?
If possible a work ref to show that you can support yourself without resorting to crime, and at least 2 character references eg from the vicar school etc etc. It is hard judging these things as public bureaucrats do not want too much work.