journalism visa

Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all
Default journalism visa

Hello,

Could anyone tell me anything about a journalism visa? I am a journalist and hoping to move over to Oz, but have heard there is a journalist visa?

Any help would be great!

Jen
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: journalism visa

Originally Posted by bluenose27
Hello,

Could anyone tell me anything about a journalism visa? I am a journalist and hoping to move over to Oz, but have heard there is a journalist visa?

Any help would be great!

Jen
Hi

My hubby is a journalist but we haven't heard of a journalist visa - we have applied for a general skilled migration visa. Journalist gets 50 points on the skills list, and your skills need to be assessed by VETASSESS.

Rach
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

Thanks Rach- do you know if it makes a difference as to whether you have many years experience compared to just a few? In terms of getting the visa?

Cheers,

Jen
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluenose27
Thanks Rach- do you know if it makes a difference as to whether you have many years experience compared to just a few? In terms of getting the visa?

Cheers,

Jen
I can't remember exactly how many years you need to have - to get a positive skills assessment you need a degree, then for the points test it's possibly 2 years experience needed out of the last 3 years - I know you get extra points for having 3 years out of the last 4.

You can find out loads of information from Booklet 6 from the DIMA site, here's a link: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

This book was our bible when we were applying!

RAch