Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

JOONDALUP- Feedback Warmly appreciated

JOONDALUP- Feedback Warmly appreciated

Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of
Default JOONDALUP- Feedback Warmly appreciated

after some information on this area.

Looking to set up here, anyone living there.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:19 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JOONDALUP- Feedback Warmly appreciated

Joondalup city (if you could call it that! ) is a new place with banks and restaurants a plenty. There are a few shops, but not many. There are also a few bars which become a little dodgy at night.

Joondalup as a suburb; there is the newer 'city' side which mainly consists of town houses and two storey places on postage stamp blocks. Then there is the older suburb which varies greatly dependant on where you live. Some roads are nice, others are a little tatty (sorry to anyone who lives there). Have a look on www.reiwa.com.au for prices. But please remember, the piccies on the internet may not give a true representation of the house (real estate agents tend to be a little over zealous in their descriptions!)

Joondalup Primary School; this has a fairly good reputation. Please remember that most (not all) children, once they need secondary school education, go on to private schools here in Perth. Lake Joondalup Baptist school (yes, all private schools are religious!) has a good reputation.

Joondalup lies about 30 mins north of the city (CBD) on a clear run, totally different at peak times. Lakeside shopping centre is just down the road.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

thanks,

tell you what I have searched for previous threads on here, regards areas in Perth and I can honestly say, Im confused.

If you take, every comment, the whole of WA is a ghetto, with 98% british born speaking CHavs, on low wages, renting, and generally unhappy with too many flies, and blustery winds.

Thats not to take into account, fighting and kebab throwing after 11pm, high unemployment, racism, poor airport, still stuck in the 80's, expensive 2nd hand cars, too much beauracracy , no rentals available,

and too forget thats it boring and bland place , that is boring after 6 months. oh and it gets to 40 degC on xmas day and it doesn feel like xmas.

Im usually an upbeat person, but totally bewildered, but suppose I cant believe everything I read and hear....
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

forget to mention gun crime and drugs!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
thanks,

tell you what I have searched for previous threads on here, regards areas in Perth and I can honestly say, Im confused.

If you take, every comment, the whole of WA is a ghetto, with 98% british born speaking CHavs, on low wages, renting, and generally unhappy with too many flies, and blustery winds.

Thats not to take into account, fighting and kebab throwing after 11pm, high unemployment, racism, poor airport, still stuck in the 80's, expensive 2nd hand cars, too much beauracracy , no rentals available,

and too forget thats it boring and bland place , that is boring after 6 months. oh and it gets to 40 degC on xmas day and it doesn feel like xmas.

Im usually an upbeat person, but totally bewildered, but suppose I cant believe everything I read and hear....
You can't!! There are plenty of people in WA and elsewhere quite happy. The reality is that some of the truths about Australia apply the world over and its up to you to work it out to your advantage when things take longer to work out. I think most disgruntled migrants have got alot of things wrong or going against them and never get over it. In some cases it consumes them and sends them completely anti-Australia when their peers elsewhere are busy focusing on the good things we all came for.

The parrallel world does exist.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
thanks,

..what have the Romans ever done for us!