Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

John Mason - highly recommend !!

John Mason - highly recommend !!

Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default John Mason - highly recommend !!

Just had our shipping delivered through John Mason and wanted to recommend the service we have received. Having received 5 quotes (from all the major players) we chose JM as a result of their willingness to offer loads of free advice upfront and also their willingness to negotiate on price. From the initial appointment, through the price negotiations, to the packing in the UK - their service was friendly and attentive. They use Wridgeways in Brisbane and again the service was fantastic. The office team kept me in constant touch with the container's progress and nothing was too much trouble for them. The container arrived on time and everything was exactly as it was when it left the UK. The lads from Wridgeways were fab, friendly and chirpy even when I kept changing my mind on where the furniture was to go We would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: John Mason - highly recommend !!

Doh! the only bloody one we didnt get round, Though i guess its not too late to call them! Pickfords called earlier and changed their minds and said we would definatly fit all our stuff in a 20ft They need to make their minds up! Glad your stuff all got there in one piece!
Emma x
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Just had our shipping delivered through John Mason and wanted to recommend the service we have received. Having received 5 quotes (from all the major players) we chose JM as a result of their willingness to offer loads of free advice upfront and also their willingness to negotiate on price. From the initial appointment, through the price negotiations, to the packing in the UK - their service was friendly and attentive. They use Wridgeways in Brisbane and again the service was fantastic. The office team kept me in constant touch with the container's progress and nothing was too much trouble for them. The container arrived on time and everything was exactly as it was when it left the UK. The lads from Wridgeways were fab, friendly and chirpy even when I kept changing my mind on where the furniture was to go We would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again

Glad it went smoooooothly for you. How long was that door-to-door?

We're using them too, soon.

Dropped our car off at Southampton this morning for RoRo but not with John Mason.

Last edited by Alfresco; Aug 9th 2010 at 8:44 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Yippee! How exciting! Bet it was like Christmas at yours
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Dropped our car off at Southampton this morning for RoRo but not with John Mason.

Hiya - how much do they charge to ship your car across?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:37 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emma75
Doh! the only bloody one we didnt get round, Though i guess its not too late to call them! Pickfords called earlier and changed their minds and said we would definatly fit all our stuff in a 20ft They need to make their minds up! Glad your stuff all got there in one piece!
Emma x
I would get them in - we chose them on the amount of positive recommendations here! We had a 4 bed detached in the UK and took about three quarters of it - everyone else reckoned we had 950 cubic feet but JM said it was 750 and they were exactly right in the end! Haggle when you get the quotes - that's when you can start to whittle down those that are not interesting on budging on price

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Packers were in on 9th and 10th June and the container sailed Tues 15th June. The container arrived at port in Brissy on 22nd July and was delivered to me on 30th July - Very speedy - FAB

Originally Posted by MrsE
Yippee! How exciting! Bet it was like Christmas at yours
We were sooo excited! Our son was racing around like a loony! So nice to get our stuff around us
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myrtle1
I would get them in - we chose them on the amount of positive recommendations here! We had a 4 bed detached in the UK and took about three quarters of it - everyone else reckoned we had 950 cubic feet but JM said it was 750 and they were exactly right in the end! Haggle when you get the quotes - that's when you can start to whittle down those that are not interesting on budging on price

Packers were in on 9th and 10th June and the container sailed Tues 15th June. The container arrived at port in Brissy on 22nd July and was delivered to me on 30th July - Very speedy - FAB

We were sooo excited! Our son was racing around like a loony! So nice to get our stuff around us
Wow! Really speedy indeed.

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hiya - how much do they charge to ship your car across?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680197
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Alfresco