Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT: Jobs: Feedback.

Wikiposts

IT: Jobs: Feedback.

Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:45 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Talking Re: IT: Jobs: Feedback.

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
If he's going for a C++ job, I don't think pointers would be good enough, he may need a few references.

Cheers,
JTL
Or Friend (class or function)
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IT: Jobs: Feedback.

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hey Mat(e)t,
your profile is ditto like mine but I have 7.5 yrs of exp. Extensive programming in C, Unix, VC++ in networking, Storage and systems space.
Seeing the openings out there in Oz and looking at you I wonder do I have to change my profile from systems engineer to Web Engineer...
F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1(help)

Nyways, I am gonna fight it out whatever may to be in Systems domain...
I think if you are a quality coder and you don't mind a bit of leg-work meeting people (rather than trusting the infernal agencies) then you'll be fine whatever you call yourself.

Too many pesky Johnny-Come-Lately "Web Developers" around anyway, they aren't happy unless their code is colour-highlighted and they have more wizards to help them than Harry Potter.

<Keyboard missing press F1 to continue>
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:04 pm

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Smile Re: IT: Jobs: Feedback.

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I think if you are a quality coder and you don't mind a bit of leg-work meeting people (rather than trusting the infernal agencies) then you'll be fine whatever you call yourself.

<Keyboard missing press F1 to continue>
Hmm Thanks for that...
F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hmm Thanks for that...
F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1
Hold on, you'll have to bear with me I'm surfing using "vi"
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:14 pm

Angry Re: IT: Jobs: Feedback.

Hey surfing using "vi"
I am little out of date but I think I will ask /Jørgen UNIX(his avatar says) expert can I do that. i thought you are using emacs

just on a different note, I think you are one of those who knows c++ well...
I was just going through C# trying to learn something new, but to my surprise all the rules of C++ is violate there... :scared:
Made me cofuse to much with c++
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Geek
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:16 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Too many pesky Johnny-Come-Lately "Web Developers" around anyway, they aren't happy unless their code is colour-highlighted and they have more wizards to help them than Harry Potter.
Notepad or nothing, that's what I say. Although actually my head has been turned lately by Aranae, which is Notepad, plus the colour-highlighted code

PS - I'm not a coder of any sort but do dabble in VB, ASP, PHP and HTML.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wmoore
Notepad or nothing, that's what I say. Although actually my head has been turned lately by Aranae, which is Notepad, plus the colour-highlighted code

Tried Notepad Plus with added document tabs and "ctrl-s" saving ... it crashed ... can't beat the old-faithful

VB, ASP, PHP and HTML ... lawks you're more qualified to code than the "Click OK to continue" rapid-development mob coming out of Uni ... I know, I'm having to train one up
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

Hey surfing using "vi"
I am little out of date but I think I will ask /Jørgen UNIX(his avatar says) expert can I do that. i thought you are using emacs

just on a different note, I think you are one of those who knows c++ well...
I was just going through C# trying to learn something new, but to my surprise all the rules of C++ is violate there... :scared:
Made me cofuse to much with c++
Not done anything with C# or the .NET stuff at all ... that's what having a 3 year career break does for your cutting-edge skills ...
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:22 pm
What's happening dudes?

Tried Notepad Plus with added document tabs and "ctrl-s" saving ... it crashed ... can't beat the old-faithful

VB, ASP, PHP and HTML ... lawks you're more qualified to code than the "Click OK to continue" rapid-development mob coming out of Uni ... I know, I'm having to train one up
I tried Notepad Plus - it lasted about 5 minutes. Awful prog but Aranae is pretty good.

I've never had any proper training in coding but I do a fair bit of database work here in ASP and VB, along with PHP stuff on my own website for my own amusement. I would be bored just chucking building blocks together.

Was that rapid-development or rabid-development?
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:26 pm

U are better off then me...
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

I tried Notepad Plus - it lasted about 5 minutes. Awful prog but Aranae is pretty good.

I've never had any proper training in coding but I do a fair bit of database work here in ASP and VB, along with PHP stuff on my own website for my own amusement. I would be bored just chucking building blocks together.

Was that rapid-development or rabid-development?
I working with ColdFusion at the moment ... it's not bad actually. I prefer PHP and Perl to get down to the nuts and bolts of stuff but for lobbing together simple pages it's OK ... until you want to do something mildly tricky like move a BLOB (large binary object, like a document) into SQL Server with a CF bug wrecking the data.

Now, I shall await the first response of "NOBODY stores documents directly in the database, why don't you just store the file on the disk and store the reference?"

Answer, because I don't make the business rules ... yet

That's what I like about the IT industry, it's great for dinner party conversations
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:32 pm

Not done anything with C# or the .NET stuff at all ...
U are Lucky
that's what having a 3 year career break does for your cutting-edge skills ...
not your fault its the compiler thats have to be blamed and this time it may be csc compiler...
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:52 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I am weird but I don't mind a bit of vi. Syntext isn't bad as an open source text editor.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

U are Lucky

not your fault its the compiler thats have to be blamed and this time it may be csc compiler...
Woo-hoo, an acroynm I don't know .. g'wan, what's a CSC?

<yeh, I know, I'm setting myself up for fall ...>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.