IT Jobs

Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

hello_cmc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Jobs

We will be moving to Melbourne next Year March . I have more than 14 Year of Software experience in (Mostly Oracle,C) development etc(Past 8 Years in USA.)
Does anyone know how difficult it will be to get a job .. Also how early should I start sending my resume so that employers will remain interested ?
We are not particular about Melbourne . we decided Melbourne because we thought there are more IT jobs there
We have PR in Australia but except for validation trip in Dec 2004, we have not been there
Thanks in Advance

Last edited by hello_cmc; Jun 7th 2008 at 4:45 am. Reason: incomplete info
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future
Default Re: IT Jobs

Melbourne and Sydney have the most IT jobs. You shouldn't have any problem here in Melbourne. Agents / employers are generally not interested in unless you are in the country.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:05 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Plenty jobs in Perth too.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:34 am
Just Joined

kanjig is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with ossigeno

I'm moving to Perth in Sept 08, and have over 10 years experience in IT operations, all the agencies I have been in contact with will only deal with you once your in the country. Try and make a few contacts with agencies before hand, and start making appointments once you are there.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:58 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kanjig
I agree with ossigeno

I'm moving to Perth in Sept 08, and have over 10 years experience in IT operations, all the agencies I have been in contact with will only deal with you once your in the country. Try and make a few contacts with agencies before hand, and start making appointments once you are there.
I agree, started speaking to a 2 recruitment agencies before coming on shore about their vacancies, once I landed rang them like an old friend and one of them sorted a job out for me in 2 weeks.... have still never met them face to face! must drop by one day
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:35 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I agree, started speaking to a 2 recruitment agencies before coming on shore about their vacancies, once I landed rang them like an old friend and one of them sorted a job out for me in 2 weeks.... have still never met them face to face! must drop by one day

Must be one of ther few decent ones, as many staff just file your paperwork and forget.