jobs

Old Jan 24th 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs

Is it best to wait until we have got VISA and/or arrive in Melbourne before looking for work? Also does anyone have names of 'headhunters' /recruitment firms. We are after a state sponsered visa.Ta!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: jobs

Depending on your skills set(s) you will find it much harder to find work in any state without a visa or being on the ground here. As a recruitment consultant I get loads of applications every week from overseas people looking for a job. Most companies wont consider you for a role unless you are on the ground here, let alone having no working visa. That said I do occasionally do roles where they are prepared to sponser people as they cannot get the skill set here.

Originally Posted by klmar
Is it best to wait until we have got VISA and/or arrive in Melbourne before looking for work? Also does anyone have names of 'headhunters' /recruitment firms. We are after a state sponsered visa.Ta!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CornishPasty
Depending on your skills set(s) you will find it much harder to find work in any state without a visa or being on the ground here. As a recruitment consultant I get loads of applications every week from overseas people looking for a job. Most companies wont consider you for a role unless you are on the ground here, let alone having no working visa. That said I do occasionally do roles where they are prepared to sponser people as they cannot get the skill set here.
Is it worth sending you a cv!!!
Are there no recruitment agencies that look for 'professionals' from overseas?
Desperate to leave Europe -- Have lived in Germany, now Belgium and don/t want to go back to England! :scared:
Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

I personally work in the engineering sector, some companies will sponser but its unusual and it has to be a skill which they just cant seem to find here. An example recently for people I am trying to source from overseas are RF engineers and Low noise Amplifier designers. There are some companies also prepared to sponser manufacturing skilled people for mineral companies.

98%+ of jobs though will require someone with a work visa and on the ground, sorry.

What do you do?

Originally Posted by klmar
Is it worth sending you a cv!!!
Are there no recruitment agencies that look for 'professionals' from overseas?
Desperate to leave Europe -- Have lived in Germany, now Belgium and don/t want to go back to England! :scared: