Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to the forum...

New to the forum...

Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough
Default New to the forum...

Hi everyone,

I have just discovered this web site and am so thrilled and totally addicted already. I was up last night till around 1am, reading. The $80,000 thread had me hooked. My husband and I are (I hope) close to reciving our visa's although I am only guessing this reading all your notes. We did our police reports back in September and had our medicals 14th December 2004 so from what I understand we should know in the next few months (think I have that right) . I am very disappointed I didn't discover the site before now, at times it has been very lonely and frustrating doing all the visa stuff over the last year not knowing half the time what was happening, even though we have an agent, which has cost a small fortune. I am so excited about the prospect of starting a new life in Australia, fingers crossed by the end of this year. We are thinking (almost sure) about settling in Melbourne, as we think my husband will find it easier to find work there, although for the last year we had got our sites on Sydney. Anyway I just wanted to say hi to you all and say I am so happy to have found some likeminded people out there who are going through the same things as we are. We both look forward to sharing our highs (and I suppose the odd low) with you all, and so look forward to speaking with you all soon.

Cheers for now, Janine & Jon
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:09 pm
Merlot

Default Re: New to the forum...

Welcome to the mad house, this is the best site bar none for advice and support.

Good luck
Merlot

Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:09 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of newbies here today
Welcome guys!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:10 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by wmoore
Plenty of newbies here today
Welcome guys!
Something to do with the fact it is cold, dark and miserable over in the UK????

I was thinking the same thing, but great to see, more input.

M

Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:13 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
I totally agree.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Janine & Jon, welcome to the site.

If your thinking of Melbourne check out our Brits in Victoria site as well.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hi Janine & Jon, welcome to the site.

If your thinking of Melbourne check out our Brits in Victoria site as well.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?
Thanks Bordy, we'll be registering there and posting up a bunch of questions on both sites in the days and weeks to come...

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. WE ARE NOT ALONE
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:36 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ninijon
Thanks Bordy, we'll be registering there and posting up a bunch of questions on both sites in the days and weeks to come...

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. WE ARE NOT ALONE
You're NOT alone. I'm fairly new here and I can tell you the people on this site are brilliant. Someone will have an answer for anything you need to know.

Good luck, and see you in Melbourne when we're all there.

Carl
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Merlot
Something to do with the fact it is cold, dark and miserable over in the UK????

M
And it's warm, wet and miserable over in my area too !!

Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:51 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome on board, this site is great - and so are the people on it. They have been a god-send.
I have just arrived (the 12th) in Melbourne, and it is great.

Hope everything goes to plan for you

Cas