Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

job title?!?!?!?!

job title?!?!?!?!

Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

madsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nice
Question job title?!?!?!?!

Hi can someone please tell me what they call lift engineers in australia??? every site i seem to find they call it something different from the last!! what catagory would a lift engineer be under? Also if anyone can tell me what i should be asking at the expo at the end of feb? i got my pad and pen out ready to write down my questions as i need answers for practically everything and have just become really stupid because i just can't think of 1!!!!!!
any help would be greatly appreciated!!
thanks,
sam and family xxx
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job title?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by madsam
Hi can someone please tell me what they call lift engineers in australia??? every site i seem to find they call it something different from the last!! what catagory would a lift engineer be under? Also if anyone can tell me what i should be asking at the expo at the end of feb? i got my pad and pen out ready to write down my questions as i need answers for practically everything and have just become really stupid because i just can't think of 1!!!!!!
thanks,
sam and family xxx

Lift electrician / Lift Mechanic and Lift Technician

For this type of work in Australia you need an electrician licence, so the main questions you need to be asking are how to get your skills assessed on arrival to enable you to get that, and don't let them fob you off with 'just apply for an ARTC' as it isn't that simple it seems http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511707

Last edited by Wendy; Feb 5th 2008 at 9:26 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

madsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nice
Unhappy Re: job title?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Wendy
Lift electrician / Lift Mechanic and Lift Technician

For this type of work in Australia you need an electrician licence, so the main questions you need to be asking are how to get your skills assessed on arrival to enable you to get that, and don't let them fob you off with 'just apply for an ARTC' as it isn't that simple it seems http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511707
Hey wendy,
thanks for that!! am a bit worried now as we were going to go for skilled visa through my husband job,sounds like they have been through a nightmare! i have booked our flights to the expo at the end of this month so will see what i can find out there.
thanks for your help though!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey wendy,
thanks for that!! am a bit worried now as we were going to go for skilled visa through my husband job,sounds like they have been through a nightmare! i have booked our flights to the expo at the end of this month so will see what i can find out there.
thanks for your help though!
I didn't want to worry you, so sorry about that. Just wanted to make sure you are armed with the info then you know what to expect in the worst case scenario. More than likely, you'll be OK.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: job title?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I didn't want to worry you, so sorry about that. Just wanted to make sure you are armed with the info then you know what to expect in the worst case scenario. More than likely, you'll be OK.
Everything seems to panick me at the mo, there's just so much to take in that i'm not sure if i'm starting in the right places! i'm sure everything will be fine,i'll hopefully get all my answers sonn enough!
thanks xx
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Everything seems to panick me at the mo, there's just so much to take in that i'm not sure if i'm starting in the right places! i'm sure everything will be fine,i'll hopefully get all my answers sonn enough!
thanks xx

Ah, that's normal.

Plenty of help and advice to be had on here if you get stuck
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

You probably already know this but just in case, Lift Mechanic is on the MODL (list of occupations in demand).

You may want to check out this link, there is plenty of information there about licensing requirements:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...ic-4311-15.htm

Cheers
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: job title?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Veronika
You probably already know this but just in case, Lift Mechanic is on the MODL (list of occupations in demand).

You may want to check out this link, there is plenty of information there about licensing requirements:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...ic-4311-15.htm

Cheers
Thanks for that! will check it out,

sam xx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

thanks,
sam and family xxx

Prob found out by now but hay its only words
I worked for avery large lift company J P L In Sydney installing shaftwall systems as a carpenter as carpenters do Anyway The British lads were fitters Mechanical or Electricians But not both so i know first hand its one or the other anyway may be of use good luck
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oakwood 2
Prob found out by now but hay its only words
I worked for avery large lift company J P L In Sydney installing shaftwall systems as a carpenter as carpenters do Anyway The British lads were fitters Mechanical or Electricians But not both so i know first hand its one or the other anyway may be of use good luck
Hey,
thanks for letting me know! Seems he needs some kind of australian licence to do his job over there which seems to be a flippin nightmare from what i've heard and read!! going to expo in edinbourgh so hopefully they can help us with it!
thanks for the info tho as its always appreciated

sam xx