job search

Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough
Default job search

Hi all we are hoping to be in Brisbane before Christmas and i am currently looking for employment i work as a wall and floor tiler although not time served
i was hoping to come across and set my own business up but after reading a few threads i don't think this will be possible as i will only have 1 and a half years experience and i was just wondering if any one could give me some info on what is required and also on some tiling companies in the brisbane area that might be willing to take someone on any help would be very much appreciated
Old Apr 19th 2008, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future
Default Re: job search

Hi

Try checking these links:
http://mycareer.com.au/jobseeker/sea...iling&l=6&sm=1
https://jobsearch.gov.au/SearchResul...ld=0&NumMJL=0&
http://searchjobs.careerone.com.au/s...hrase_sand=QLD
http://www.alljobs.com.au/tiling-bri...u-listall.html

Hope these help

Vik
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:33 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by geordies4life
Hi all we are hoping to be in Brisbane before Christmas and i am currently looking for employment i work as a wall and floor tiler although not time served
i was hoping to come across and set my own business up but after reading a few threads i don't think this will be possible as i will only have 1 and a half years experience and i was just wondering if any one could give me some info on what is required and also on some tiling companies in the brisbane area that might be willing to take someone on any help would be very much appreciated
probably the largest two websites for work are careerone and seek. A vast majority of employers use labour hire agencies to source employees on a temp to perm basis instead of advertising themselves.
Check some of their sites out too, like, integrated, ATS, workforce solutions, workpac and flexiforce. Use the online yellow pages for Brisbane to find others.

Neil.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordies4life
Have you got TRA approval yet, if you are going the skilled ind route ?

Not presuming anything.. but lets say you move to oz, basically if you can do the job you can do the job, all you will need do is do what the rest of us do, and get your skills assessed .

Setting up as a tiler here .. with your limited experience wouldnt really b the go, initially. For mortgage reasons etc etc etc

I would just send a letter to as many tiling companies local ish ! to where you intend moving , explain who you are what you do, what your willing to do, and that you would like to be given a chance.

In return you will work for them for one week free of charge.

Ive heard some prats on here over the years say, I aint working for nothing da dee dahhh....

well look at it this way, whats a weeks wages worth to you.. 500-700 quid?

If you dont believe in yourself to the tune of 500 quid.. what can an aussie employer think?

Kinda makes sense I reckon...

Ste ( good Luck )