Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

job in perth - ideas?

job in perth - ideas?

Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default job in perth - ideas?

hi all,

way ahead of myself as usual - but hoping to get to perth on a pros.marriage visa by the end of the year. will have to get a job to keep me sane (and to pay bills of course...).

currently working at a local council in the rates/taxes department as a senior 'worker' - also doing some property valuation (for rates etc.) - i've been doing this for 5 years now.

not quite sure what kind of a job i would want to do in perth, but bf works mainly on weekends, so something on weekends or shift-work would be good.

i'm fluent in dutch and english and speak german too.

anyone got any ideas what i could be looking at - doesnt necessarily have to be an admin-job.

fire away - if you want...

thanks, tanja
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:43 am
owieb

Default Re: job in perth - ideas?

Originally Posted by sunny side up
hi all,

way ahead of myself as usual - but hoping to get to perth on a pros.marriage visa by the end of the year. will have to get a job to keep me sane (and to pay bills of course...).

currently working at a local council in the rates/taxes department as a senior 'worker' - also doing some property valuation (for rates etc.) - i've been doing this for 5 years now.

not quite sure what kind of a job i would want to do in perth, but bf works mainly on weekends, so something on weekends or shift-work would be good.

i'm fluent in dutch and english and speak german too.

anyone got any ideas what i could be looking at - doesnt necessarily have to be an admin-job.

fire away - if you want...

thanks, tanja
The guys down at Rockingham Dolphins http://www.dolphins.com.au are sometimes on the lookout for translators to work on their trips. The guy that used to do the Japanese translating left last season, not sure whether they have much call for a Dutch translator, but you could certainly drop them a line.

My sister spent some days helping them on the boats when she was last here and had an absolute blast.

Certainly weekend work and shift stuff, early starts and finishes.