Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job Offers Whilst Still in U.K

Job Offers Whilst Still in U.K

Old Feb 11th 2003, 10:59 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Offers Whilst Still in U.K

Hi All,
Someone posted recently asking if anyone had had any luck approaching companies in Aust. re applying for jobs while waiting for their visas. Answer yes I just got off the phone to a builder on the Sunshine Coast [he rang me] How soon can I start? I explained I'd only just applied for a visa etc.
Just wondering if his offer would speed up the process as he was going to make his own enquiries and was prepared to put it in writing?
Reading the gov.web site the job has to be advertised then he can claim a state shortfall of skilled labour etc.
Old Feb 12th 2003, 1:39 am
Dudley

Default Re: Job Offers Whilst Still in U.K

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi All,
Someone posted recently asking if anyone had had any luck approaching companies in Aust. re applying for jobs while waiting for their visas. Answer yes I just got off the phone to a builder on the Sunshine Coast [he rang me] How soon can I start? I explained I'd only just applied for a visa etc.
Just wondering if his offer would speed up the process as he was going to make his own enquiries and was prepared to put it in writing?
Reading the gov.web site the job has to be advertised then he can claim a state shortfall of skilled labour etc.
If you're < 30 you I think it would help speed a "working holiday visa" or what ever its called in officialeese.

Old Feb 12th 2003, 6:10 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offers Whilst Still in U.K

Originally posted by Dudley
If you're < 30 you I think it would help speed a "working holiday visa" or what ever its called in officialeese.
To old for that option Dudley. Only a young 35 though!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2003, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

nivas is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke with some employers (in IT field) but no one was ready to communicate with adelaide. In your case, if the employer is willing to deal with adelaide (sending the letters etc) it may certainly speed up the process.