Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job offers relating to work permits

Job offers relating to work permits

Old May 5th 2004, 5:58 am
Just Joined

K Brierley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offers relating to work permits

Can anyone tell me if you receive a job offer from NZ how long does a work permit take to be processed.
I know the process but not the length of time. I would like to be able to give my prospective employer an answer in relation to how long before i am over in NZ.

Thanks for the advice
KB
Old May 5th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job offers relating to work permits

Originally posted by K Brierley
Can anyone tell me if you receive a job offer from NZ how long does a work permit take to be processed.
I know the process but not the length of time. I would like to be able to give my prospective employer an answer in relation to how long before i am over in NZ.

Thanks for the advice
KB
i guess it would depend on where you are applying from and what type of job permit. for me, i applied in the "talent visa scheme", which is the easiest as long as you meet the salary criteria and your employer is registered. i applied from Dublin and had to send everything off to London. I took two weeks to get my passports back with work permits included.

mind that this was 18 mnths ago before the new regulations, so i dont know what the current situation is
Old May 5th 2004, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

K Brierley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by newkiwi
i guess it would depend on where you are applying from and what type of job permit. for me, i applied in the "talent visa scheme", which is the easiest as long as you meet the salary criteria and your employer is registered. i applied from Dublin and had to send everything off to London. I took two weeks to get my passports back with work permits included.

mind that this was 18 mnths ago before the new regulations, so i dont know what the current situation is
Hiya Newkiwi

am applying from UK and will be goin for just a simple work permit, hope to have something more concrete in job offer stakes in the next few days.
Currently in the Transport game(HGV driver) been knocking my head against brick walls trying to get an offer and it may be that my persistance has finally paid off. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old May 6th 2004, 3:37 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Hi KB

It took us about 2 months to get our general work permits but that was at Christmas when they had just changed the PR category and the Work permit applications went mad so it should, technically, be shorter than that.

Where's the possible job?
Old May 6th 2004, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by K Brierley
Hiya Newkiwi

am applying from UK and will be goin for just a simple work permit, hope to have something more concrete in job offer stakes in the next few days.
Currently in the Transport game(HGV driver) been knocking my head against brick walls trying to get an offer and it may be that my persistance has finally paid off. Keep your fingers crossed.
Good luck with the job offer. Hope it doesnt take too long.