Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job offer in Karratha

Job offer in Karratha

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:33 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer in Karratha

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It would need to be - it can cost over $1000pw to rent a decent 4x2!
From memory the guy on the tourist bus was telling us that company-provided accommodation is costing the workforce about $150/week with utilities at half price. I half expected them to be grotty but I was taken around a new development we have built and the houses are better quality than the stuff being thrown up on the edges of Perth now.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:34 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Karratha is full of people like this
Attached Thumbnails Job offer in Karratha-freak.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

soolin is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Job offer in Karratha

Originally Posted by renth
Karratha is full of people like this
We live in the north east of england, compared to some of the fellas up here that guy looks sophisticated
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soolin
We live in the north east of england, compared to some of the fellas up here that guy looks sophisticated

A geordie, wayii man.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soolin
Hi everyone we live in the UK (2 kids 10 and 7) my hubby has just been offered a job in Karratha, is this a good move or will we feel abandend in the middle of nowhere. Would appreciate any knowledge of the area

Cheers Soolin
I worked there in the early 80's and the mid 80's on the domestic gas plant and stage one of the LNG plant (trains 1 and 2 and tanks 2 and 4 if my memory is right).

The heat got to me and I think I went a little bit troppo.Waking up at 5.30 AM to go to work and the temp was 38C.Some days it hit 50,hottest day was 52C.

From memory 6 on 1 off on the LNG plant,they flew us back to Perth at Xmas and I never went back.

They say it can get in your blood and you'll never return to civilisation.Some people love it and never leave.

I would never work there again ,however you may like it,you'll never know if you don't give it a go.