Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Bayside - Guitarist looking 4 band?

Brisbane Bayside - Guitarist looking 4 band?

Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Wayne.Smith10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Bayside - Guitarist looking 4 band?

Living in the Brisbane Bayside area and needing to get out playing again. 43 with plenty of live and studio experience great gear and own transport - into U2/Simple Minds/Killers/Kaisers/Coldplay/Floyd/Stranglers/Snow Patrol etc.....Is there anybody out there?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:51 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Bayside - Guitarist looking 4 band?

Try here --> Musicians/Bands Wanted
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wayne.Smith10
Living in the Brisbane Bayside area and needing to get out playing again. 43 with plenty of live and studio experience great gear and own transport - into U2/Simple Minds/Killers/Kaisers/Coldplay/Floyd/Stranglers/Snow Patrol etc.....Is there anybody out there?
Good luck with your quest mate !Any chance of any freebies if you play The Icon Bar ?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:19 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a shop in the valley (Barry Parade) called Pro Musician Shop or something like that. Well on the floor just inside the door there is a newspaper called RAVE that has loads and loads of local bands looking for people. (You can probably get the paper elsewhere but that's where I found it). I keep meaning to email some but I'm too shyyyyyy
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Thanks fellas I wasn't too sure anyone would click on this thread.

Bobby ftm - is that a Sunderland flag? I'm Man City myself but haven't come across too many footy enthusiasts as yet. Not a big fan of keano for obvious reasons but big Niall's a legend!

Do they have bands on at Icon? I've only seen 'em at the sands so far.

Any way - will be deighted to let you all know as and when something gets going.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby ftm - is that a Sunderland flag? I'm Man City myself but haven't come across too many footy enthusiasts as yet. Not a big fan of keano for obvious reasons but big Niall's a legend!

Any way - will be deighted to let you all know as and when something gets going.
Yeah mate that's the heroes flag flying (albeit very poorly at the moment ).Never seen any bands at the icon just hoping as i think its a nicer layout there than it is the sands.Do you frequent the sands often?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Noticed you were at the killers concert are you going to muse one ?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Not going to Muse as things stand though I do want to go to a gig at the River stage some time - looks a cracking outdoor venue.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:27 am
ozzies now love it!!!

roos is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Brisbane Bayside - Guitarist looking 4 band?

Not sure if it's what you're after but may just be a point of contact and an outlet - Koala Music Club meets at Pinklands every Friday night (7.30ish). For more info contact Col pickering at Cartridge Citi, Vic Pt.
Apparently you just turn up with geetar. Haven't been yet but will start going week after next with my boy (both electric)