Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job Interview By Phone?

Job Interview By Phone?

Old May 16th 2008, 6:07 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Interview By Phone?

Hi All

Anyone ever done one of these? Any tips for making sure you portray yourself in the best possible light? Have done loads of interviews in my time (both sides of the table) but never over the phone.

Any help and assistance offerred much appreciated and kindness will be repaid with a cold pure blonde when I reach my final destination.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job Interview By Phone?

I had a job interview on tuesday, had all the question wrote down that I needed to ask, and when I got off the phone my wife was laughing as she said it was more like me giving him an interview. I got the job
Old May 16th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

wbbugs will become famous soon enough

Yep done a few off these. And got the job and will be flying to OZ on the 1st july.

Anyway advice? Smile when your on the phone. Advice someone gave me and it works. Research your company well and write the main points down. At the end of the day if you can do the job then you have no worries. Be honest with them. For example my company wanted me to start as soon as possible but I said that they needed to wait till i'm ready. It wasn't that long obviously but you can see what I mean. Have your CV in front off you just in case they ask you questions about it. Your CV must be good for them to phone you so just be friendly and use the time to find out about them too.

Thats about it.
Old May 16th 2008, 8:26 am
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

Hi
I had an interview by telephone at 5am, so wasn't at my best with bed hair and still in pyjama's, my advice is.. have all your paperwork laid out infront of you, CV at hand, visualise them at the other side of the table just like a normal interview, and smile.

It is strange having telephone interviews, but nice deep breath and organisation is the key!

Good Luck

Starlite
Old May 16th 2008, 3:26 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys - much appreciated.

My interview is at 08:30am - they have really tried to make it easy for me and they seem really keen so fingers crossed.

I'll let you know how i get on!
Old May 16th 2008, 3:29 pm

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

What sort of job you going for?
Old May 16th 2008, 3:39 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard people give the advice that you should still dress up as if you're going for a face to face interview because it helps put you in the right frame of mind and you feel more professional etc.

Having said that the only time I did it I had to get up at 5am, walk to a phone box on the beach (I was in Bora Bora, Tahiti) and had an interview in a boiling hot phone box where there were several mosquitos trapped in there with me.... it wasn't exactly ideal!

Good luck with it
Old May 16th 2008, 9:13 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by Starlite
What sort of job you going for?
Its for a health service manager. At a lower level that what I'm at now but figured I'd take a pay cut to get out there and then go after the bosses job - hehe!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:15 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I've heard people give the advice that you should still dress up as if you're going for a face to face interview because it helps put you in the right frame of mind and you feel more professional etc.

Having said that the only time I did it I had to get up at 5am, walk to a phone box on the beach (I was in Bora Bora, Tahiti) and had an interview in a boiling hot phone box where there were several mosquitos trapped in there with me.... it wasn't exactly ideal!

Good luck with it
I think I will dress up as it does focus my mind onto business when i get my suit on. Will try and do without the mozzies though.
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm
beach bum

Hey guys just thought I would let you know..........

I got offered the job!

Thanks for your advice - really helped me out! Beers are on me!
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:00 pm

Congratulations Pollyama I knew you would do it!!

I'll hold you to the drinks bit!

Starlite
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Hey guys just thought I would let you know..........

I got offered the job!

Thanks for your advice - really helped me out! Beers are on me!

Brilliant and congratulations.