Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job crisis in Perth ...

Job crisis in Perth ...

Old Apr 11th 2009, 5:43 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job crisis in Perth ...

If you are coming in the near future, words of advice ...

a) Make sure you have secure work lined up

or

b) Be 'wedged up' ...

or

c) Better still, both.

Job applications are becoming a circus.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:14 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Job crisis in Perth ...

Or even better still...don't even come this place is a boring dump!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

So why are you there and why is it boring?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:59 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Three Legs
If you are coming in the near future, words of advice ...

a) Make sure you have secure work lined up

or

b) Be 'wedged up' ...

or

c) Better still, both.

ooohhh yyeess
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Can you elaborate on 'job applications becoming a circus'....? Any personal experiences here? Just curious, keping close eye on employment myself.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 10:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernlights
Can you elaborate on 'job applications becoming a circus'....? Any personal experiences here? Just curious, keping close eye on employment myself.
a bit like a battalion of squadies visiting the local brothel,and only 2 girls working that nite, ie everyone's trying to get in where they can .Pardon the pun
Old Apr 11th 2009, 10:52 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah follow this advice.... that ways less pommie cashed up migrants driving the house market.....

Originally Posted by Weebie
Or even better still...don't even come this place is a boring dump!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Yeah follow this advice.... that ways less pommie cashed up migrants driving the house market.....
Thought the Pommies weren't as cashed up thesedays? Exchange rate less favourable, UK house prices falls
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Catch
a bit like a battalion of squadies visiting the local brothel,and only 2 girls working that nite, ie everyone's trying to get in where they can .Pardon the pun
Hey Catch, are you speaking for experience here?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernlights
Hey Catch, are you speaking for experience here?
oooohh yyyes "i always get in first"
Old Apr 11th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Yeah after all in a recession why would you want lots of people with money coming over to spend it all in shops and local buisneses to keep them open and running.

Perhaps you just want only aussies in perth, well you would lose like 90% of the population, good luck running the city then
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dave99
Yeah after all in a recession why would you want lots of people with money coming over to spend it all in shops and local buisneses to keep them open and running.

Perhaps you just want only aussies in perth, well you would lose like 90% of the population, good luck running the city then

I agree, it gets right on my tits hearing whingers going on about people with money....is it me or do they sound jealous?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

Dont be so paranoid, I am entitled to my opionion, Not jealous of anyone with money, wouldnt make me happy if I had it....still whinge at not having another million or this house isnt big enough.....

This place is full, we dont need more migrants turning up atthe moment with unemployment expected to reach 12%, you will have to wait until the recession is over or bring that wedge of cash to pour into the economy, to ensure my wifes kids and dole cheques continue to be paid.

Doesnt make any difference who is in Perth race wise, dont get make me out to elitist, long as you earnt the right to be here, and contribute its all good and everyone is singing to the same tune.

Originally Posted by dave99

Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

Hope they are big ones, Id be worrying about things if I was you, apart from me going on,,, oh sorry.... whingeing about people with money......

Originally Posted by bu1lder
I agree, it gets right on my tits hearing whingers going on about people with money....is it me or do they sound jealous?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bu1lder
I would say a large percentage (not all) of people with money have made their money from property increases over the last decade. Borrow money from the bank, buy house, wait for increase, borrow more money, buy investment property, wait for increase, borrow more, buy another investment property. Easy money, eh? Just sit back and get rich without lifting a finger without exactly being innovative or productive.

I think that's where the jealously lies, not from the folk who have made money from being business savvy, saving hard, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.