Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

jeez its hard!!!!but it can be done....

jeez its hard!!!!but it can be done....

Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:43 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default jeez its hard!!!!but it can be done....

well its been over a year for us ,all in all..its a long old winding road,i hope at the end of it perth is everything i hope it is...

for anyone who is just starting out on their journey ,i would recommend loads of patience..its been for me one of the hardest things i have ever done..

i hope i dont get post australian depression when ,i do,or if i get there..

good luck to all of you on the start of your road,,we have one more hurdle to get over and then we should be there...

ast
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:47 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jeez its hard!!!!but it can be done....

Originally Posted by aston man
well its been over a year for us ,all in all..its a long old winding road,i hope at the end of it perth is everything i hope it is...

for anyone who is just starting out on their journey ,i would recommend loads of patience..its been for me one of the hardest things i have ever done..

good luck to all of you on the start of your road,,we have one more hurdle to get over and then we should be there...

ast
Hi Ast again we find ourselves in the same positon......one more hurdle to get over.
Post Australian depression...you???.....never!!!!!
Good luck to all. C x
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:04 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

ast
It will all be worth it You'll love it here
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:10 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

ast
Your a thoughtful bloke Ast..............................PMA is all you need

Our house is going on the market next week and i feel more postive than i
have ever done throughout this whole process.

Good luck to everyone
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

ast
Same for us M, all through I've felt quite positive, but now, with the house up for sale, I feel a bit down, we've been on the market 2 and 1/2 weeks and only had 3 viewers I know it's not long, but some people sell so quickly. Had the EA ring up this morning for 'feed-back' from last viewers, to be told "loved the house, but the garden's too small for their needs" they were a young couple no kids, who said they wanted an easy to maintain garden! Ours has lots of decking and pebbled areas with water feature and lots of pots with plants, easy to look after! They hadn't even got their house on the market! so don't know why the EA sent them I'm FED UP
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:56 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Same for us M, all through I've felt quite positive, but now, with the house up for sale, I feel a bit down, we've been on the market 2 and 1/2 weeks and only had 3 viewers I know it's not long, but some people sell so quickly. Had the EA ring up this morning for 'feed-back' from last viewers, to be told "loved the house, but the garden's too small for their needs" they were a young couple no kids, who said they wanted an easy to maintain garden! Ours has lots of decking and pebbled areas with water feature and lots of pots with plants, easy to look after! They hadn't even got their house on the market! so don't know why the EA sent them I'm FED UP
hey curls,were all in the same boat,

your always waiting for something,at the mo were waiting to see if my pee looks like ribena,,and a police check...oh and the visa,s...

i know it might seem like its forever but your house will sell,you just need to get the right person through the door..hey i know what its like getting ready for viewings,bloody trying to get everything tidy...

but you have done all the hard stuff...

you will soon be feeling that sun on your face...

Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:06 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

We too have one more hurdle - agree this has to have been one of the most stressful things we have done!

Best of luck to everyone!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Same Here. Put House On Last Week. 2nd Person In Bought It But Dropped Us 5k. I Can Handle That Seeing They Are Cash Buyers, But I Wish I Had That Crystal Ball. Just Waiting For P Checks To Come Back. Then Were Off............
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:10 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

we are also in same boat with the house .......just hope it sells soooon, have had a few viewings but not good enough for 1 reason or another.
I have to admit that this passed 18 months has been really hard going......but its going to be worth it..... just hope this last hurdle is over soon...
Jo
x
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Hi

We have been having same problems with trying to sell our house. Its been on the market 8 weeks this week and only had 4 viewings and 2 of those hadnt even got their houses on market, 1 says no room in garden for double garage and the other 1 says its top of their shortlist but the lady at EA has been on hols since last thurs so dont know any more. We have given the EA 14 days notice and are going with someone else but have had to drop the price by £5,000 to try and get a quick sale. Hubby starts work in oz on the 2nd july so need to get a move on now.

Good luck to everyone and keep the positive vibes.

Tracey x
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi

We have been having same problems with trying to sell our house. Its been on the market 8 weeks this week and only had 4 viewings and 2 of those hadnt even got their houses on market, 1 says no room in garden for double garage and the other 1 says its top of their shortlist but the lady at EA has been on hols since last thurs so dont know any more. We have given the EA 14 days notice and are going with someone else but have had to drop the price by £5,000 to try and get a quick sale. Hubby starts work in oz on the 2nd july so need to get a move on now.

Good luck to everyone and keep the positive vibes.

Tracey x

i have sold four houses and i have found that if you ask the agent to accompany any potential buyers ,its a lot better..i sold with dixons 3 times and they really push the property.there a load of crap after they have sold it but they all are..

try having a open house on a saturday,accompanied by your agent,,then you only have to get the house ready once....get everyone out the house..theres nothing worse than people looking round the house,with your hubby in the front room watching the football,drinking from the can,in his string vest and baggy budgie smugglers..
and the kids running round the house like nutters.

worked for me,,,
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I used to think getting our visa was really hard..... but honestly it's probably the easy part once you get here.

We have loved living here since day one, never once has the thought of moving back to the UK entered our heads BUT it is still a hard thing to do, so much to get sorted and you're in a different country where you dont know how things work, down to silly little things like what shop you go to for this and that!

One of my happiest days was when I drove into Bunbury, parked where I intended to park, wandered round the shops and got myself back home without having to look once at the street directory!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:10 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridie
I used to think getting our visa was really hard..... but honestly it's probably the easy part once you get here.
Agree with that! The worst was the packing/selling house and trying to think what i needed immediately. The visa grant just brings on the inevitable. Moving is the worst and trying to setup a new life. Expecially when say your first place is a rental you wont feel settled as you will have to move again if you are going to buy in the end.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:16 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Just one more hurdle 4 us 2 and the waiting is killing me,

meds are in transit to oz at the mo and then it's all upto my lovely co to pick my file up and decide my future

we have sold the house and now in rented till mid june just hope it all comes through b4 then, oh and the daily ' any news yet' is soooooo annoying i know people mean well but they will know when i have the visa as i will be shouting it from the roof top

Here's to all still waiting and lets see what the next few weeks bring

good luck all
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

halina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant future

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you all. I'm sitting in an empty house, the car loaded up, the house empty and only the broadband still connected. We leave the UK next thursday, and with the OH in Miami until tuesday on work, I've had to tie up what feels like a million loose ends. This past week has been the most stressful week of my life, one of those if it can go wrong it will go wrong weeks.
We are supposed to exchange on the house tomorrow, but a surveyer has just left after completing a valuation - something that should have been done weeks ago. I'm waiting for a british gas man to show up ( three cancelled appointments to service the boiler later ) A letter from the Australian High Commission saying that they can't find OH's X ray form for his visa. Car sale not going through because Peugot forgot to process our final finance payment.

The low point was last night when I realised it was 10pm, our bed had just been picked up by some friends in a van, and I realised that I now had nowhere to sleep.

I don't have any advice for people going through the same thing, and I know how lucky I am as well - I'm an aussie, we have no kids, we have a nice lump sum towards our house in oz, I have family in Melbourne, and we are both keeping our jobs for the same company's.

So for those of you out there who are going through this without any of the bonuses that we have going for us, well done. You deserve a medal.