Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've exchanged!!

I've exchanged!!

Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:05 pm
Badge

Default I've exchanged!!

see - kept quiet on that one, eh? Didn't want to whinge about it as it was too depressing.

Completion in a few days...

And it took 5 months!!!! What was initally a cut and dry sale - 1 month? - turned out to be a nightmare!

Now got to go and look at all the FX threads - my gut feeling is that the dollar is maybe returning to its 2-1 historic level..and I don't want to hang around and find out..

Badge

Old Oct 31st 2003, 5:09 pm
Triple Expat!

JimInSomerset is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

There seems to be a lot of it about

I'm hoping to exchange early next week with completion on the 14th. Only 4 months, not bad eh.
Now like a ggod man exchange contracts, it's not hard.

As for exchange rates, I'm praying for an interest rate rise next week. (In UK not OZ).

Good luck to all who are making the move in the next few weeks. (Ooh sorry - and those who will be following later!)

Brisbane in less than 3 weeks? Go on say it's true.

Cheers to all

Jim
Old Oct 31st 2003, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I've exchanged!!

Originally posted by badgersmount
see - kept quiet on that one, eh? Didn't want to whinge about it as it was too depressing.

And it took 5 months!!!! What was initally a cut and dry sale - 1 month? - turned out to be a nightmare!

Now got to go and look at all the FX threads - my gut feeling is that the dollar is maybe returning to its 2-1 historic level..and I don't want to hang around and find out..

Badge
Congratulations Badge

hope that the rest of your journey is a happy one
regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Oct 31st 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Badge- it must be catching at the moment Now the chaos of co-ordinating everything else starts, but it will be worth it in the end
Old Oct 31st 2003, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exchanged

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Lets hope we are not to long behind you!!(We can hope!)
Best of luck in your new country.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, hope everything else goes smoothly for you.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 10:30 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've exchanged!!

Originally posted by badgersmount

Badge

congratulations!!!!!!!!
s'pose you'll be off any minute now then!!?
good luck old bean....!!

sue
Old Nov 1st 2003, 5:13 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Well done Badgers great news I know how you feel - what a weight of your mind. Now the fun starts we need to transfer some money into dollars and then into our new HSBC and do you think I can find the link.....? I have done a search but cant find any of the sites except www.Ex.com I want some comparisons