Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's not getting cheaper in Perth

It's not getting cheaper in Perth

Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:01 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's not getting cheaper in Perth

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Drovers in Carramar is hard to beat for meat, fruit and veg for all those NOR Perth
My mrs hs been there a few times, the quality is very poor IMHO as are Wanneroo markets.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Maybe I've been lucky, quality has always been better than our local Woolies in Ellenbrook. Regardless, we've started growing our own fruit and veg now, we've got hens and if I can convince Mrs LL to let me get a pig and a cow we'd be self sufficient
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

hhhmmm, I was going to try Wanneroo tomorrow for fruit and veg. Might still go for a look. Subiaco markets are supposed to be good and on the times I've been to Fremantle I have been impressed - however, that's a hell of a drive for fruit for the week!

The fruit and veg shop at Woodvale is good but expensive. Same as the shop outside Woolworths at Whitfords. Just need good but not as expensive!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Its probably not just perth, weve just been comparing prices in qld to UK, Been really shocked at how much cheaper stuff is in UK. Not too shocked though going over in 3 weeks

Santa clause is coming to town
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:29 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

i got some crabs for next to nothing from a lovely Thai girl,i think i have her number somewhere (she did promise to write),not sure if she has a shop yet.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
hhhmmm, I was going to try Wanneroo tomorrow for fruit and veg. Might still go for a look. Subiaco markets are supposed to be good and on the times I've been to Fremantle I have been impressed - however, that's a hell of a drive for fruit for the week!

The fruit and veg shop at Woodvale is good but expensive. Same as the shop outside Woolworths at Whitfords. Just need good but not as expensive!
I used to go to Subi markets but it gets so busy there,kids got shoved and pushed a lot.I now either go to Wanneroo or sometimes Malaga.The majority of the fruit and veg is pretty good.Worth a try.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

If you live south of the river, Gilberts at Southlands Shopping Centre are open 7 days a week - until 8pm each night I think too - and they have the freshest fruit and veg, and a huge range. They stock WA cheeses, yoghurts, milk, free range eggs, etc, and also have a very large selection of reasonably priced nuts, pulses, dried fruit, herbs, spices and European goodies. Prices are good compared to Woollies and Coles and it doesnt matter what day or time of day I go there, they are always busy...... got to say something eh?

Try it and see!