Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's not easy ...

It's not easy ...

Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's not easy ...

Jed is starting to become totally disillusioned about the whole thing. Not only have I got to keep my spirits up but his aswell now and promise him it will all be ok.

Feels like we have been walking backwards and it is all out of sight/reach. Spent in the region of a grand + already and its got us precisely nowhere.

Sorry, just wanted to offload!!!

HUGE SIGH
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:01 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: It's not easy ...

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Jed is starting to become totally disillusioned about the whole thing. Not only have I got to keep my spirits up but his aswell now and promise him it will all be ok.

Feels like we have been walking backwards and it is all out of sight/reach. Spent in the region of a grand + already and its got us precisely nowhere.

HUGE SIGH
Its all one big test ! ! !

R.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: It's not easy ...

Originally Posted by Carruss
Its all one big test ! ! !

R.

Its a bloody long test - longest exam i ever did was 4 and half hours and that was enough!!!!! In fact, it was European Law and i preferred that to this!!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:12 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

HUGE SIGH

Yeah it gets like that. You just have to focus on short-term managable goals. Play it one match at a time like the footballers say.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:15 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Yeah it gets like that. You just have to focus on short-term managable goals. Play it one match at a time like the footballers say.
Yeah, but they also say to give 110%.. Err how!!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

A bit like Weight Watchers then!?!?

Thanks Worzel. I think having his TRA refused knocked him a bit to be honest and we are skint now aswell having shelled out money on shite agent before and fast tracking etc etc only for it all to have been a complete waste of money!!! On top of all that, we got to start the whole process again with new agent. God willing, wont be a waste of money this time around.

Cheers mate
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:18 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I know exactly how you both feel, we were the same, both gutted and Malc took it worst as he felt he had someone "failed" us due to it being his skills that were assessed. At one point he really wanted to give up.

You will get over it once you start having some good news from your new agent.

Bx
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:21 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Wise words indeed.

We hit wall after wall in our "crusade" and fought each battle as it came. It's really the only way.

We said the hardest part is the next hurdle and just concentrated on jumping that one hurdle.

We are now in Aus...hope you can join us
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
I know exactly how you both feel, we were the same, both gutted and Malc took it worst as he felt he had someone "failed" us due to it being his skills that were assessed. At one point he really wanted to give up.

You will get over it once you start having some good news from your new agent.

Bx
Jed is a sod - i have known him since i was 14 and he still bottles it all up and its not until he has a complete fruit (like this morning!!) that i realise there is something wrong. bloody men!!

Like Malc, i know he has been totally knocked by failing TRA and now he is on a real downer (God help me).

Its mad isnt it. however look at how your fortune has turned around mate - you give me hope thats for sure!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Wise words indeed.

We hit wall after wall in our "crusade" and fought each battle as it came. It's really the only way.

We said the hardest part is the next hurdle and just concentrated on jumping that one hurdle.

We are now in Aus...hope you can join us

Oh God, dont know what id do without you lot - thanks everyone
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:26 pm

Jed is a sod - i have known him since i was 14 and he still bottles it all up and its not until he has a complete fruit (like this morning!!) that i realise there is something wrong. bloody men!!

Like Malc, i know he has been totally knocked by failing TRA and now he is on a real downer (God help me).

Its mad isnt it. however look at how your fortune has turned around mate - you give me hope thats for sure!!
Sent you a PM
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
Sent you a PM

chers matey
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:47 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

You will get through it mate, honest to god. Every little stumbling block you come across you will get over. Plus, when you're out in Oz, you'll look back on it and say things like "Remember when......" and "I was so angry when that happened...." etc etc.

Trust me, we've had our ups and downs with the whole process - it was never going to be all plain sailing. You will get through it.

Time heals all wounds! Including b*ggering off to Oz. It will happen. Just go with the flow on the way and don't let things get you down.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by djdutts
You will get through it mate, honest to god. Every little stumbling block you come across you will get over. Plus, when you're out in Oz, you'll look back on it and say things like "Remember when......" and "I was so angry when that happened...." etc etc.

Trust me, we've had our ups and downs with the whole process - it was never going to be all plain sailing. You will get through it.

Time heals all wounds! Including b*ggering off to Oz. It will happen. Just go with the flow on the way and don't let things get you down.

Ahhh - thanks mate - hope youre right!!!!

must be soon for you guys now eh??

got a horrible feeling i'll be the only one left on here at this rate - like to bloody Bermuda Triangle!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:31 pm

got a horrible feeling i'll be the only one left on here at this rate -
In that case could you switch off the light on your way out, ta!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.