Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its a bit warm!!!!!!!!!

Its a bit warm!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default Its a bit warm!!!!!!!!!

Here on the Far West Coast of South Australia it topped 43 degrees today! Cool change coming in tommorrow only 27 expected. Parents flew back to the UK on 1 Jan, spoke to them earlier this evening and they said they were huddled round the central heating with 3 jumpers on trying to keep warm!!!!!!!!!!
Thought I would share that with you all, whats the temp where u r?
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Ian UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK weather

you say your Parents are huddled around the heater..I am from Australia..have been in UK for 15 months and only have the Central heating on and walk around in only a T/shirt..I have never known an English climate like this..I was born in UK and remember my childhood being very ,very cold...My Fiance Ian is a Dry stonewaller and Yesterday was working in only his T/shirt...cheers Val n Ian
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default Re: UK weather

Originally posted by Ian UK
you say your Parents are huddled around the heater..I am from Australia..have been in UK for 15 months and only have the Central heating on and walk around in only a T/shirt..I have never known an English climate like this..I was born in UK and remember my childhood being very ,very cold...My Fiance Ian is a Dry stonewaller and Yesterday was working in only his T/shirt...cheers Val n Ian
Mum & Dad left Adelaide on a 38 Degree day and arrived back 24 hours later to something minus!!!!! Will take them about 3 days to warm up, they both would get another plane back out here if they could they said!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 11:29 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Snowing in Birmingham this morning!
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 11:50 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I have the heating on full blast here, along with a fleece and two pairs of ski socks and my feet feel like two blocks of ice.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Mandurah WA 30 degrees.
Wind has picked up tonight and supposed to be cooler tomorrow.
One day last week it went down to 24 daytime temp and I was feeling really cold all day.
How did I used to cope with the cold not so long ago?

Whisky
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 1:11 pm
WBB

freezing cold here in south wales, looks like it could snow any minute.

bring on the validation trip.

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Glenelg sa 37deg today.only left the beach at 10pm still roasting,only left cause wine ran out.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cold in West Sussex, just got in from a long bike ride, freeze me nuts orf if I had any!
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I also live in Glenelg like Jockney... it is 2.30am and sooo damn hot i cannot sleep, and thats with my turbo fan on!!

That is why i am sitting here at this ungodly hour.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

jack27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Its a bit warm!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by invictia
Here on the Far West Coast of South Australia it topped 43 degrees today! Cool change coming in tommorrow only 27 expected. Parents flew back to the UK on 1 Jan, spoke to them earlier this evening and they said they were huddled round the central heating with 3 jumpers on trying to keep warm!!!!!!!!!!
Well we've just had a midnight swim her in Adelaide and let me tell you it was heaven as we had 40 degrees here today, heaven I must say!!!!

Cal.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Its a bit warm!!!!!!!!!

Hi Invictia,
i live on in Poole on the sunny? south coast of England, sunny? well its been grey skies all day and that horrible drizzly that soaks you right through! cold too! Roll on the spring!
best wishes
rach & family
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 3:46 pm
Go Banana's !!

Unhappy Re: Its a bit warm!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Just thought I'd write in from the frozen North near Newcastle-upon-Tyne. It was -10 degrees on New Years Eve morning but its warmed up to a mild 4 degrees today....yipee. I too my daughter to her horse riding lesson this morning and passed by snow drifts over 6ft high left over from the snow on New Years eve. I tried to get a game of golf in but everywhere was closed !!

I have just built the log fire ready for the evening whilst the family are out shopping in the crowded New Year Sales, but we would all give anything to be paddling in the water at Hilliary's, watching the sun go down with our Aussie relatives !!

Happy New Year.

Warren