Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its been a while ......

Its been a while ......

Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:49 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Its been a while ......

We arrived in Oz nearly three months ago and finally our pc is up and running again, it was not a happy bunny moving, did not commit suicide like the washing machine but was a close run thing. We have settled around 4kms out of the city and loving it, the neighbours are lovely, brisbane itself is a bus or train ride away (easier than getting lost driving into the city). The boys are settled and starting school and preschool in January, eldest will repeat the first year of schooling again as they start at 6 over here and so he is loving his freedom at the moment.

So much to see and do we are always busy at the weekends, hubbie fishing after work and loving the chance to do something in November rather than huddle by the radiator.

Lots of things I miss, especially decent supermarket trolleys that are not 40 years old, funny but never thought I would have them on my miss list!. Feel a bit homesick now and again especially with Xmas around the corner, but the feelings don't last. Sometimes get fed up going through the whole I'm over from the UK etc when asked for the 10th time that day but the people are really friendly and so shouldn't moan!!

All in all its as I expected, didn't expect it to be paradise all the time, its hard moving over to another country and just finding your way around is stressful, but would I do it again???? Yes, Yes, Yes.

Good to hear that Graham and Nicki are on their way, will attempt to e-mail you, you must visit us when you arrive. To everybody waiting for the visa, just hang on in there, its the most frustrating time but amazingly you forget it just as quickly when you get over here.

Have a good Xmas everybody, will try and post more but so much to do and see and so little spare time at the moment!!!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:59 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Its been a while ......

Originally Posted by leanda
We arrived in Oz nearly three months ago and finally our pc is up and running again, it was not a happy bunny moving, did not commit suicide like the washing machine but was a close run thing. We have settled around 4kms out of the city and loving it, the neighbours are lovely, brisbane itself is a bus or train ride away (easier than getting lost driving into the city). The boys are settled and starting school and preschool in January, eldest will repeat the first year of schooling again as they start at 6 over here and so he is loving his freedom at the moment.

So much to see and do we are always busy at the weekends, hubbie fishing after work and loving the chance to do something in November rather than huddle by the radiator.

Lots of things I miss, especially decent supermarket trolleys that are not 40 years old, funny but never thought I would have them on my miss list!. Feel a bit homesick now and again especially with Xmas around the corner, but the feelings don't last. Sometimes get fed up going through the whole I'm over from the UK etc when asked for the 10th time that day but the people are really friendly and so shouldn't moan!!

All in all its as I expected, didn't expect it to be paradise all the time, its hard moving over to another country and just finding your way around is stressful, but would I do it again???? Yes, Yes, Yes.

Good to hear that Graham and Nicki are on their way, will attempt to e-mail you, you must visit us when you arrive. To everybody waiting for the visa, just hang on in there, its the most frustrating time but amazingly you forget it just as quickly when you get over here.

Have a good Xmas everybody, will try and post more but so much to do and see and so little spare time at the moment!!!

Keep the posts comming great for all us fed up wannabies.....

Going back to cuddle the radiator.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:30 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We have settled around 4kms out of the city and loving it, the neighbours are lovely, brisbane itself is a bus or train ride away (easier than getting lost driving into the city).
Hi Leanda

Where abouts are you in Brisbane? We seem to have settled on the Brisbane / Gold Coast areas as a destination but are a bit clueless about the various areas. We are leaning towards Birkdale / Victoria Point etc etc at the moment but only because the houses look nice on the real estate websites and there are direct train lines. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:35 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi leanda,
great post!! keep em coming!! am very interested to hear how your littluns settle in at school!! where abouts are you and how did you pick the school?

sue
Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Its been a while ......

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hi leanda,
great post!! keep em coming!! am very interested to hear how your littluns settle in at school!! where abouts are you and how did you pick the school?

sue
Hi leanda

glad its all working out for you

met you for a short while at the hertford meet

keep on posting every little helps

best wishes

sue and mick
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:51 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that Graham and Nicki are on their way, will attempt to e-mail you, you must visit us when you arrive.
Leanda

Great to hear that you and John are doing well; keep posting.

We're looking forward to getting there and visiting you. Please email us with your contact details and we'll definately be in touch - keep smiling